v. (8.)70.2 Bug reports

CyrA

Hello, I would like to Open 3 issues : one critical bug in last version, one major bug in all tested version, and one request for explication and improvement. All of this is related with the following lua script for gg :

function searchNSave(input)
        gg.searchNumber(input.search, gg.TYPE_DOUBLE, false, gg.SIGN_EQUAL, 0, -1)
        local r = gg.getResults(input.maxresults, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil)

local str = ''
        for i,v in ipairs(r) do
                if v.value ~= input.stars and v.value > 0.9 and v.value < 5.1 then
                        local f = {}
                        f[1] = {}
                        f[1].address = v.address
                        f[1].flags = v.flags
                        f[1].name = input.name..' ('..i..') '..v.value
                        gg.addListItems(f)
                        str = str ..' '.. v.value
                end
        end
        gg.toast(input.name..':'..str)
end

local heros = {}
local nb = 0

nb = 1
heros[nb] = {}
heros[nb].name = 'Alice'
heros[nb].stars = 3
heros[nb].search = '12;249;3;56;1;1;1;7;12;56;223;244;12;1;56;226;12;247;56;184;1;12;56:1057'
heros[nb].maxresults = 23

nb = 2
heros[nb] = {}
heros[nb].name = 'Bob'
heros[nb].stars = 3
heros[nb].search = '8;3;197;3;56;3;4;7;56;319;182;58;1;246;70201;56;8;247;56;153;1;240;58;56:1121'
heros[nb].maxresults = 25

nb = 3
heros[nb] = {}
heros[nb].name = 'Carol'
heros[nb].stars = 3
heros[nb].search = '8;3;197;3;56;3;5;7;440;56;221;58;1;220201;261;56;319;58;247;56;68;3;58;56:1121'
heros[nb].maxresults = 25

nb = 4
heros[nb] = {}
heros[nb].name = 'Dave'
heros[nb].stars = 3
heros[nb].search = '8;3;209;3;56;3;7;56;221;58;1;20201;219;56;58;247;56;15;3;58;56:1025'
heros[nb].maxresults = 22

for i,hero in ipairs(heros) do
        -- gg.clearResults()
        gg.toast(i..'/'..nb..': '..hero.name..' (stars='..hero.stars..')...')
        searchNSave(hero)
        gg.sleep(500)
end
  • 1st issue; critical bug:

This script worked fine with version 8.69.1 but with th last version (70.2) the call "gg.addListItems(f)" in the "searchNSave" function do nothing ! (Then i have had to downgrade to 8.69.1).

• 2nd issue, major bug:

If "gg.clearResults()" is uncommented, the following "gg.searchNumber()" will do nothing exactly half of the time. Always calling gg.clearResult() before gg.searchNumber() is an undocumented workaround to avoid this bug which could be easily fixed by including gg.clearResults() in the beginning of gg.searchNumber().

• 3rd issue, request for explication/improvment:

The "search" strings are generated by an other (bash) script who extract data from some files written by the game. Then we notice they may contain the same value more than once. I have notice it may not be useful as gg always result all occurrences of  a searched value in its range, and  it seems to only increase the time of search. Is is exact ? May you improve the group search feature by introducing eventual {} for each number,  to permit to precise the (range of) occurrence of a searched value in the range. eg:

'8{3};15;2014{2~5}:1025' will search for exactly 3 times a '8', any numbers of '15' (default = {1~} = from 1 to infinite), and beetween 2 and 5 times a '2014'.

Then you may improve this feature to always rewrite search string to it's optimized form, eg:

'2;56;7;56;220201;56;311{1~5};203;56;311;56:801' -> '2;7;56{4~};203;311{2~5};220201:801'

That's all.

PS: where to submit my lua scripts to hack games with GG ?

• Administrators

1. Need clear example which can be run for any process. You post something required special condition, so it hard to test properly.

Make clear and small example for any process.

2. Same as above.

3. No. This can not work in that way. It is not regular expressions or something like that.

ps. In downloads section.

1&2 : So u would like to have a script to test bug 1 and 2. Eg a non-regression or unitary test. Have you already some of them somewhere (so I may improve them) ? (I don't know how to make lua script using arbitrary written memory region instead of those of a running game).

3. I understand very well that the search string is directly parsed and executed, and that is not a light feature request. Maybe you could let my contribute to GG (and give  me a partial git access) ?

ps. Thanks,  going back looking for it.

• Administrators

1, 2: Just make simple script which illustrate issue.

I think your script not work for me at all, because I do not have this game, and others condition not met.

Is is easy. For example if not work gg.addListItems then you can make something like that:

gg.clearResults()
gg.searchNumber('0', gg.TYPE_DWORD)
t = gg.getResults(10000)
gg.addListItems(t)
v = gg.getListItems()
print(#t, #v)

Search zero get a lot results. We load first 10000 and add to saved list. And get it back to script. And finally we print count loaded values. Also its stay in saved list and you check it via UI.

And it is OK for me.

scr_1545826077.jpg

scr_1545826084.jpg

If it not OK I get not 10000 in second value of print. And in saved list see less items then 10000.

3. We do not share source. It is very complicated. In my assumption you can not understand what going here, but you can leak sources. So for access to source we need talk in PM where you must approve your interest and skill.

3. If you interest you can try imagine how make ordered (or not ordered) search with limited amount memory for input of unlimited amount of memory.

Better for one pass and optimized. This task is not easy as sound. Also you need hold some cases like duplicates in search. For example "5;5;5;5". Also it can be ordered or not.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, CyrA said:

for i,v in ipairs(r) do
                        local f = {}
                        f[1] = {}
                        f[1].address = v.address
                        f[1].flags = v.flags
                        gg.addListItems(f)
                end
        end

This way can be not effective. You can build table in loop and make one call addListItems for all items. It must be faster, but require more memory.

I have re-install last version (70.2) and add a print in my function :

local r = gg.getResults(input.maxresults, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil)

local str = ''
        for i,v in ipairs(r) do
                        local f = {}
                        f[1] = {}
                        f[1].address = v.address
                        f[1].flags = v.flags
                        gg.addListItems(f)
                        local v = gg.getListItems()
                        print(#f, #v)
                end
        end
end

And i get: Screenshot_20181226-161043.thumb.png.3c1b7cc2030ec7bfeeaa1121585544ab.png

Edited by CyrA
screenshot too large

• Administrators

Also in your case this number can be not equal.

You add list items to not empty list.

If item duplicate, then it replace. If not - added to list.

gg.addListItems(f)

Add print here for this issue. Maybe you get error here. addListItems can return string with error.

And add print f.

print(f, gg.addListItems(f))

I have improve my function as you recommended :

local str = ''
        local f = {}
        local j = 1
        for i,v in ipairs(r) do
                        f[j] = {}
                        f[j].address = v.address
                        f[j].flags = v.flags
                        f[j].name = input.name..' ('..i..') '..v.value
                        j = j +1
                end
        end
        gg.addListItems(f)
        print(#f, #v)
end

But the result is the same :

Screenshot_20181226-161940.thumb.png.c5c9675eb313c40cb92d324f3d26312e.png

Ok, I also rename 'f' to 't' (just in case of some lua secret magic like ( cf.  getn() ) :

local str = ''
        local t = {}
        local j = 1
        for i,v in ipairs(r) do
                        t[j] = {}
                        t[j].address = v.address
                        t[j].flags = v.flags
                        t[j].name = input.name..' ('..i..') '..v.value
                        j = j +1
                end
        end
        print(t, gg.addListItems(t))
        print(#t, #v)
end

And the list I like too add seems correct:Screenshot_20181226-163348.thumb.png.103610ea7db4fa59da704131d9c6aab8.pngScreenshot_20181226-163357.thumb.png.4653a6c19f884188fc6abf0b3567ec95.png

11 hours ago, CyrA said:
  • 2nd issue, major bug:

If "gg.clearResults()" is uncommented, the following "gg.searchNumber()" will do nothing exactly half of the time. Always calling gg.clearResult() before gg.searchNumber() is an undocumented workaround to avoid this bug which could be easily fixed by including gg.clearResults() in the beginning of gg.searchNumber().

This is not a bug, it is supposed to work like that. 
Refer to description of "searchNumber" function in GG help: https://gameguardian.net/help/classgg.html#a7efd4ac7766e72688cb4a84a3915721e

If no results in results list then perform new search else refine search.

So if you need new search, make sure to clear results list first.

12 hours ago, CmP said:

This is not a bug, it is supposed to work like that. 
Refer to description of "searchNumber" function in GG help: https://gameguardian.net/help/classgg.html#a7efd4ac7766e72688cb4a84a3915721e

So if you need new search, make sure to clear results list first.

Thx a lot.

For now I didn't need to refine to take care of this hint. Maybe the documentation could be more explicit, eg: put a gg.clearResults in the "see also" and in the example + write in comment when gg.searchNumber will do a new search or a refine.