Modifying mystery box, no longer able to open contents

Nothin2cee

I have been using (and loving) GG for the past couple months, and using these forums to further my knowledge of the program.

My main use of GG was to edit the memory of a game to change the contents of mystery boxes as to get the item I wanted 100% of the time. This game today put out a patch and now the boxes are no longer openable once they've been edited. I can still edit the code to find the address leading to the box, but once I edit it I can no longer open it.

In more detail the box contains for example 4 items, I would do a group search for 4;4;0::9 as that is how the code was laid out. I could change a 4 to a 1 and have only 1 item be present in the box. I could also go into the pointer and move around values to ensure the item/player I wanted was at the top (1) of that stack. Now any sort of edit to any part of the code and the box just wont open.

Where do I go about looking to get around this? Any help would be much appreciated!

Also I'm having trouble locating the in game value for gold. Every time I try (gold value)X4,8,12,16 etc I return 0 results. When I try fuzzy I get down to like 6k results at the lowest. Is there a tutorial that will help me figure out which value the devs are using to hide the value for gold?

@NoFear @Enyby

6 hours ago, NoFear said:

Impossible to help...  You left out game title/link

@NoFear The game is Tap sports baseball 18 which is made by glu and can be found in the play store/app store. I've followed your posts quite a bit and I'm pretty sure I saw you do some work with this game last year. Also I want to say thank you for your contributions as they've helped me learn a lot to date.

More specifically Tap Sports Baseball 18 has a system in which you spend gold for various things in game, including mystery boxes. What we do is find the box using a search based on the number of contents in the box, edit the number of contents and pull what we want through redirection of pointers. Now after last update any edit causes the box not to open (and pretty much instant jail).

As far as the gold goes, I've tried all of the methods to locate gold, in the form of gold owned, or even cost of items etc with no luck. I've tried fuzzy search increase/decrease/change/unchange, actual search X4,8,12,16 etc. I'm almost sure I'm doing something wrong as Glu's encryption doesnt seem to be the most exquisite.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Nothin2cee said:

@NoFear The game is Tap sports baseball 18 which is made by glu and can be found in the play store/app store. I've followed your posts quite a bit and I'm pretty sure I saw you do some work with this game last year. Also I want to say thank you for your contributions as they've helped me learn a lot to date.

More specifically Tap Sports Baseball 18 has a system in which you spend gold for various things in game, including mystery boxes. What we do is find the box using a search based on the number of contents in the box, edit the number of contents and pull what we want through redirection of pointers. Now after last update any edit causes the box not to open (and pretty much instant jail).

As far as the gold goes, I've tried all of the methods to locate gold, in the form of gold owned, or even cost of items etc with no luck. I've tried fuzzy search increase/decrease/change/unchange, actual search X4,8,12,16 etc. I'm almost sure I'm doing something wrong as Glu's encryption doesnt seem to be the most exquisite.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

If you recorded or created screen shots of the previous method, look closely at everything nearby. The developer might've encrypted what you want to find, but didn't encrypt nearby "useless" values...  Then you could recreate the hack possibly.

I've been seeing more unique encryptions. One is

You have float value. Copy dword of the float value. Search dwordx4 to find the real value.

5 hours ago, NoFear said:

If you recorded or created screen shots of the previous method, look closely at everything nearby. The developer might've encrypted what you want to find, but didn't encrypt nearby "useless" values...  Then you could recreate the hack possibly.

I've been seeing more unique encryptions. One is

You have float value. Copy dword of the float value. Search dwordx4 to find the real value.

I cannot stress enough how thankful I am for your input on this. As far as the boxes go, I have version 2.1.2 on my old phone and 2.2 on my new phone, I'll try to go through the code side by side and see if I cant find the differences.

I tried search for gold again using the method you described. Still confusing but something I will work on more. What I'm really curious about is how do you find out if they're hiding the number of gold. For example I have 10 gold, but the game will show the gold value being 80 (*10).

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Nothin2cee said:

I cannot stress enough how thankful I am for your input on this. As far as the boxes go, I have version 2.1.2 on my old phone and 2.2 on my new phone, I'll try to go through the code side by side and see if I cant find the differences.

I tried search for gold again using the method you described. Still confusing but something I will work on more. What I'm really curious about is how do you find out if they're hiding the number of gold. For example I have 10 gold, but the game will show the gold value being 80 (*10).

So, follow pointers. Forward and back and just take note of values at pointer locations and try to create like a map of everything. 

You are at gold, if a pointer is part of this gold value location, follow it. Look for unique sets of values. Confirm they are unique and copy and do group search. If only like 3 sets of results or less, nice. Keep record. Go hack to gold. Do pointer search and see what points to this area. You might have MANY results, if so, that's ok. Just look for things that make this area unique.  And remember roughly the pointer location.  It's time consuming, but you become familiar with the layout and some unique values that can get you there again, so when you do find yourself back at the gold, you can compare and visual how it's Encrypted. Since you know where each value should be. They are probably still in same spot, same order, just encrypted.

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to figure out this problem with the boxes also, was implanting the boxes into the loyalty nox fine till today, now that's got a flag on it too... figured out yesterday it was the store section that that wouldn't allow you to open the boxes, but moving them to loyalty worked fine... until today!lol I assumed they put a corrupt file in the system for all store screen boxes, just  it at a level with gg yo ser ehat is going on!!

Archived