Discord for GG users

Amizz

Re looking on this conversation.
Sharing my opinion on this matter again after making and joining quite some discord channels that has something to do with GG.
There seems to be 2 type of channels.

Channel 1: were people learn through the hand of constructive conversations, instead of giving bread they want to make the bread.
Channel 2: were people ask questions as "Can you hack this game please", or do this or that. they simply want you to give them bread.

channel 1 seems to be productive but only a few people as far as i know are pretty familiar with GG or are professionals with it.
channel 2 is 80% of the people that you will get if you make a discord channel that is accessible for everyone. I believe it is the unavoidable.

I mean. one way that i would do it is to make a separation between those 2 channels. I mean a discord channel for GG that exist for constructive conversations... scripts and other forms of modification with GG together with the professionals which could give productive results. Basically more focused on the "How to" then "Can you please". Some people like to teach other people. Teaching one guy may look like you did a small effort but perhaps that one guy that acquired something through your teaching could have the intention to teach more people in a proper way.

There are a lot of YT videos of people making tutorials with GG. They have channels with 400+ members all about GG scripting. But they fail to teach there members properly because they them self don't know it to well either. Now if you teach such individuals your basically teaching 400+ people. Perhaps a discord channel for such purpose may be useful. Put time in the people that want to learn properly. I would refuse to believe that pro's would be wasting there time then.

BUT i am only forwarding my personal opinion here.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...