ePSXe hackable?

ahiung

Question

I tried to hack epsxe game using GG, but no success attempt, is something wrong? I tried all type of value search (fuzzy, manual, and XOR) nothing works. is some trick has to be done on epsxe? game that I have tried are Harvest Moon (simple value like money, lumber, or tools gauge), also FF Tactic ( exp, and money ).

GG works on other emulator like NDS emulator with no problem, also android games.

8 answers to this question

well this is new to me, all i know is as long as the program or whatever that is not server sided, i can touch them. But this statement makes me feel like, "okay, i can cheat offline games, but not all of them."

whatever that algorithm be, I hope GG can work for ALL android app, not specific to any. keep the good work GG!

case closed

update:

while GG is not searchable in ePSxe, it is searchable in FPse by simple WORD type of value. However, the speedhack is not working in FPse, it is unbelivable but it works on ePSxe. This tells me one feature cost other feature to work.

The reason is unknown and unbelievable, is it because of the android version, the engine that used by the app, or whatever that can be, i dont know.

This also happen on different type of NDS emulators.

I just hoping that someone who is knowledgeable enough come by to explain briefly what is going on, thats all.

Just tell one of the devs it doesnt actually work on epsxe. Speedhack doesnt really constitute that it does. Ive been trying as well havent really had success. On top of that, the way epsxe has its resume game function when you close out the app makes GG think the process has died quite a lot so even if it were working there would need to be a way around that.

• Administrators

GG only works with android processes. And only in this form.
Since the emulator is also an android process, GG works with it only in this way.
There is no direct emulator support.
This means that everything depends on the implementation of the emulator itself.
On some emulators, the implementation is such that it works well.
On some (like this), the implementation is such that it does not work well.

For example, android requires data type alignment. (This allows you to speed up the search and very significantly save memory.) This may not be respected in the implementation of the emulator.
In this case, you cannot find a dword unless it is aligned on a four-byte boundary. It is necessary to change the value to hexadecimal and look like an array of bytes.

The emulator may not use known timers, and therefore may not succumb to speedhack.

If the emulator spawns and destroys processes, then GG will say that the process is dead.

And so on.

Archived