NEO Scavenger

Luluulululululu

Question

Name of Game: NEO Scavenger

Play Store Link (If it's a paid app, the apk):https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bluebottlegames.neoscavengermobile&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dneo+scavenger&pcampaignid=APPU_1_qFjYWp6rD8TEvQTzwpzwCQ

Version:  1.2.8

What cheat? Health, xp, gold...: gold, skills, starting skills

Have you tried cheating this game? yes

What happened?: I tried it for f***in 6 hours. Still same. 

Comments: Help

Found this. Dunno its help or not. And sorry if this is a wrong place to request. Im new. 

itemtypes.xml

Edited by Luluulululululu

I  have tried several times to hack money but did not succeed.

It looks like its a double, but I always end up with around 10 different ones when I fuzzy search, and none of them equals the in game money.

One of the times I started changing those values randomly and got 5 in game dollars...

Hope somebody finds the way.

Edited by Sjb

I guess I did not check it right as I have not been able to modify in-game money again... probably just a mistake on my side.

Dont know... this looks above my knowledge. I will keep trying nevertheless.

8 hours ago, NoFear said:

I'll check it out tonight.

Edit:

Added SS and yes, values I found were double.

Screenshot_20180420-125350.png

It was easy to fuzzy search those values. I always end up with two doubles, but every time I modify any or both of them the game crashes.

How did you modify them?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Edit: I have tried freezing values, pasting the initial values after selecting some SS, etc, but the game always ends up crashing. The same for the in game money.

What kind of sorcery did you do?

Edited by Sjb

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Sjb said:

It was easy to fuzzy search those values. I always end up with two doubles, but every time I modify any or both of them the game crashes.

How did you modify them?

Thanks a lot for your help!

@Enyby

Might need to look into this.

Game has double value structure, but no following "rules".

Ex: double value 6 = 2.375 float

Search double 6, edit all, no changes.... Hmmm

Search 2.375 float or dword 1,075,314,688

Edit all, voila, it's now found and changes. Somehow it's not formatted in memory correctly to be recognized as double when it actually is.

Hope Enyby can help out.

For now, you'll need to learn the value double format equivalent to it's float until this is possible figured it. 15 = 2.71875 float

2 hours ago, NoFear said:

@Enyby

Edit all, voila, it's now found and changes. Somehow it's not formatted in memory correctly to be recognized as double when it actually is.

Hope Enyby can help out.

For now, you'll need to learn the value double format equivalent to it's float until this is possible figured it. 15 = 2.71875 float

@NoFear

I don't understand any of this. But can you try hacking things value like bullet? 

1 hour ago, NoFear said:

@Enyby

Hope Enyby can help out.

My brain just dislocated ?

What I have understood from your post is that the value for SS is stored in several variables with different types, which follow no evident rules in the conversion from one to the other.

I have tried fuzzy search on floats as well as dword as you said, and I was able to find the values, although the figures were not the same as yours.

So I added 1 yo the SS in game and was able to calculate both the equivalent and the variation for each SS point. Very carefuly I calculated the figures that I would need for 100 SS points in each case. And....

BAM!!! Game freezes.

Then i searched for float 2.71875, changed all the values and It worked, just as you said. Brute force.

With this bit more of knowledge, im trying again the money one. I still dont really understand how It works, but this is getting personal now.

Thanks again!

55 minutes ago, Sjb said:

With this bit more of knowledge, im trying again the money one. I still dont really understand how It works, but this is getting personal now.

Thanks again!

It is pretty easy actually. Just fuzzy double. Place thing that has money value like 10.00, 145.00. Dont place thing that money value like 16.54. I dont know how to explain it 100% because my english is s***. 

Im sorry if you dont understand.

Screenshot_2018-04-21-11-30-03.thumb.png.133cec29f15a1e51249feaa941b242c1.png

6 hours ago, Luluulululululu said:

It is pretty easy actually. Just fuzzy double. Place thing that has money value like 10.00, 145.00. Dont place thing that money value like 16.54. I dont know how to explain it 100% because my english is s***. 

Thanks a lot. I understood you perfectly.

I have tried what you said and was able to slightly change the money, but my game crashes. That means i am changing more things than I should. 

How many variables did you change? What was their initial values? To what values dos you chante them? 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Luluulululululu said:

That won't work always. Sometimes they money is correctly stored so it's double. Then next launch it might not be. Values are always "double", but you might need use float search instead. If you guys want a tiny apk that will convert double to float I can provide it (I think I still have it).  Then you can always search exact value, no fuzzy.

5 minutes ago, NoFear said:

That won't work always. Sometimes they money is correctly stored so it's double. Then next launch it might not be. Values are always "double", but you might need use float search instead. If you guys want a tiny apk that will convert double to float I can provide it (I think I still have it).  Then you can always search exact value, no fuzzy.

Oh. Im sorry. I dont know it will be different for other people. But I want that app that "convert double to float".

6 minutes ago, NoFear said:

That would be great, thanks a lot!

But I dont really understand why the values change between float and double. As far as I know, the difference between them is the precision they can use to store a value, so I dont see why the figures change, because as you say, they do change.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Luluulululululu said:

Oh. Im sorry. I dont know it will be different for other people. But I want that app that "convert double to float".

I have it, but it's not what I remember... Or at least not working the way I remember. Attached is the apk. Which either doesn't work as I remember, or something else.

8 minutes ago, Sjb said:

That would be great, thanks a lot!

But I dont really understand why the values change between float and double. As far as I know, the difference between them is the precision they can use to store a value, so I dont see why the figures change, because as you say, they do change.

Every value is following double value format... So, if you search 1.875, you'll find every 1 value. 

After 4 values the increment decreases by half.

Then 2.53125

Floating Converter_1.0.apk

• Moderators

Using the apk. Check double and hex. So if the value is 12.50. fill the first box with 12.50, convert float to int. You'll have 40290000....  You only need the first 8 digits. Now dword search 40290000h.

Still awaiting for Enyby to come online and see what is going on.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, NoFear said:

Hope Enyby can help out.

Double must be properly aligned If this is proper double. For most arch is 8-byte align. Except x86.

But if used c# code it can work with double as byte array and can store without align.