Help changing byte values

GGezboyz

Question

So i tried searching and changing value of items in this game. I could find the different type of values using encrypted search but the only values i could edit is the byte value (-127 to 255). Unfortunately I cant edit the value over 127 as it will become a negative number and the item will be gone. Could anyone teach me how to deal with situation like this where you want to get a value over the limits? For example, changing the items to 99999 when the editable value (byte) is limited to 255? Thanks!

Game is Junkyard Tycoon

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CeanDoo.JunkyardTycoon&hl=en

4 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Enyby said:

Byte can not cantain more than 255 (unsigned) or 127 (signed). You can not set to it 99999. It is impossible.

Try go to memory editor and use more wide type on this address. Like dword.

And read FAQ inside the app.

https://gameguardian.net/help/faq.html#q1

Thank you for the reply! I read the faq and even googled around otherwise i wouldnt have asked here. Ya I understand that byte cant edit over 255. Like I said, i could find the other type of the values (D, Q,W, and X) using encrypted search. however the byte value is the only one that I could edit and result in the value changing in game. I know gameguardian works on this game since i can edit the values of all those types but i cannot go over 127 in game. I do notice that increment of 1 in game result in 256 change on all the value types (except byte). For example if D value is 980,909,340 and in game value is 125, adding 256 to the D value (980,909,340 + 256 = 980,909,596) will increase the in game value by 1 (125 become 126). The pattern continue until the in game value is 127. In this case, the D value that correspond to in game 127 is 980,909,852.  so if i add 256 to that D value (890,909,852 + 256 = 890,910,108) the byte value will change to -128 and the item is completely gone from my inventory. I tried changing the D,Q,W, and X values randomly and what happen is the in game value changing to any number below 127, or the item will be gone from my inventory. I hope that clears up some things. Anyway you can help me continue with this?

Archived