Question

Hello everyone,

So I've come across a strange issue when trying to use Speedhack in a game, I find this very infuriating because I've tried everything. I've tried a range of different ROM's everything from LinageOS 14.1 to CyanogenMod 14.1, trying different root methods, and even different GG versions to no avail. Here's the strange part, you may be thinking for yourself that the game is using Java timers, but let me explain why I don't think so: It was my friend who showed how you could win games by using GameGuardian and speedhack in particular, and for him it worked just fine. Then we tried it on my device (Samsung Galaxy S5) but it didn't work properly. I did try it in other games and it worked, but it didn't work as it should, it was slow and buggy.

Henceforth I tried this again today with different versions of the app but it didn't work. So I visited this forum for advice and tried to troubleshoot on my own without further luck. So that's why I'm asking you for help, and I would be very grateful if you could help me out. I've recorded two different "logcats" for you to review. The first one is recorded with the app "Logcat Extreme", and the second one is recorded a more in depth logcat with the Android terminal. I've also recorded a video for the procedure which I've uploaded to Youtube.

1. Logcat #1: Log_2018-03-17_13-17-03.txt, Logcat #2: logcat.txt
  2. Android version 7.1.1 Nougat
  3. Youtube video:

Edited by Halikular
I wasn't finished, I posted too soon by mistake.

Thanks for the reply! I'm aware that they have updated the app so that new games are server based thus they're non hackable. But my friend had a old copy of the app laying around which he then modified so that the root checker wouldn't work. But I want to point out that this should work because it works for him. I'll try what you suggested

Update:It worked! but just for a while after 2 minutes it crashed. So we're on the right track. Also could I ask you how you removed root checker? is there any tutorial?

Okay, so yesterday I installed dex2jar and jd_gui after I've converted the .dex file to .jar and modified the file how do I save it and convert it back to .dex?

Edited by Halikular

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Halikular said:

dex2jar and jd_gui after I've converted the .dex file to .jar

It is only for view. You can not use this code. It is only for understand where need patch smali code.

For patch you need decompile dex to smali with apktool or baksmali, patch and assemble back to apk/dex.

Of course you need resign new apk.

Okay, so I'm a complete noob when it comes to programming, but it seems like you've modified the part I've selected, to not include the root checking. I can't code in Java but I think I understand a little bit. But what does the second image mean?

Thanks again I appreciate that you're very kind and helpful!!

38 minutes ago, Enyby said:

decompile dex to smali with apktool or baksmali, patch and assemble back to apk/dex.

Of course you need resign new apk.

Okay I think I understand you used dex2jar to convert dex file to jar then you used the JD_gui to vizulize what I need to edit with apktool. And then i assemble it back to dex and resign new apk and that is convert all different files to .apk file. This is great I don't really know how to do it but I have a friend I think can help me.

54 minutes ago, Enyby said:

scr_1521370036.jpg

But what do you mean with this image?

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Halikular said:

like you've modified the part I've selected, to not include the root checking.

I selected method which run check. On first image.

44 minutes ago, Halikular said:

But what does the second image mean?

On second image I select what I replaced in this method in smali. Set 0 instead of 1.

This is like the table of contents in the book. In the table of contents, on the headings you find the page number, and by going to the page number, find the necessary paragraph or letter in this section.
I used the Java view to find the right place, and changed it already in smali.

Ahh I see! So the first image is the code that runs the check,  then you convert the file to .smali and modify it then assemble it back to dex and resign new apk. Got it!

Thank you man you're the best developer I've ever been in contact with you're patient and good at teaching, keep up the good work!

Edited by Halikular