constently overwritten values

Rastakiwi

Question

Hello. This isn't a request, but I just want to take this game for example: I tried to cheat growcastle's currency (a simple and addictive tower defense game i recommand you by the way). I already succeesed cheating money a long time ago (i think it was with negative price purchase) but not gems.

Now, I can find the currency values, but they are overwritten everytime and I didn't find any encrypted currency value that could be modified. Do you know what could be the cause of this overwriting ? How could I bypass it?

4 answers to this question

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure it was the only case possible ?. (About the game, I'm going to search for encrypted currency value more "deeply", because the game seemed not very protected so I didn't go really deep in my searches)

Yes you were right. In this game, currency (and maybe other values) are encrypted. Values are Qword, and I found that 1 = 2^28; 2= 2*2^28; etc... in the encrypted value, same for diamonds!

Edit: No sorry, this is more complicated, for example, 60 ≠ 60*2^28 although the number can be represented in Qword. I don't really understand the encryption. I also tried signed Dword max value (2 147...) = 8 ; 0=0 ; -1=-1 ; -2=Dword max value, and it look like the encrypted value starts from 0, augment while it is < Dword max value, and then come back to a low value and do the same untill -1, when it finally equals dword max value. Really weird :c

Archived