Understanding pointer

FahimZS

Question

First of all thanks to @NoFear for the pointer video. I want to know what is the work of above pointer and what is the work of below pointer are they're work same or different? If they're work is different then let me know. In stickman legend i followed the video of @NoFear i got the main $199.99 pointer and i saved those 2 values then i thought that i'll find the value of stamina and i'll replace the value of stamina with $199.99 value i did that but it didn't work. But in last day on earth game we searched for 99.99 as double probably and got about 2-5 values we followed the pointer and got the main pointer value and we replaced that pointer value with 14 day boost it worked in last day on earth. But when i did the same thing in stickman legend it didn't worked why? Any way how i can do it?

Thank you

1 answer to this question

I'm not sure to understand what you mean by above/below pointer, I don't know what video you're talking about. However, a pointer is a pointer, it always works the same: it refers to an adress, but for various reasons, like for calls of fonctions, and I think also for jumps, pointed values (for example like in C) or structures, etc... If you have questions about nofear's video, try to ask him in the comments if you didn't ;P.

About your second question, I understood that you succeed a hack on last day on earth which had something to do with real money purchase and pointers replacement, which didn't work for stickman legend. If it is what you meant, you have to know that a hack on a game doesn't work for every games. maybe the "structure" is quite the same in these two games where you are browsing memory (maybe because the process of buying is quite similar), but these are two differents games and devs didn't do the same thing.

Now, if you want to success this hack on stickman legend, maybe you're not far away from your goal (=good pointer(s) to replace) by doing the method of LDOE's hack but (I'm not an expert on it and I still have some questions about it) I think it is just a trial and error process to find the good pointer(s) and in this case, you'll probably not be able to understand what everything is doing and it could be really time consuming.

Archived