Calculate offset,xor

FahimZS

Question

How does calculate offset,xor works i read the post of @NoFear about xor but in the edit section i didn't understand  goto address,copy the value above(xor key) can anyone tell me which value i have to copy and how to use xor edit from goto address

Thank you

Edited by FahimZS

10 answers to this question

4 hours ago, NoFear said:

GG offers xor search /edit

No need to goto address / xor value above etc etc... 

Depends on the game, the offset. A game in particular you are trying? 

I'm currently trying it in a sports game to calculate the distance between a package and the dword that dictates the currency required to buy- trying to apply the offset to understand other packages? Am I going in the right direction?

@NoFear I'm just trying to understand the goto address edit I'm trying to hack pokemon magikarp jump i watched the video of hacking Pokemon magikarp jump i successfully hacked Pokemon magikarp jump but now i want to understand the edit please can you tell me the goto address edit please 

Thank you

Edited by FahimZS

• Moderators
2 hours ago, FahimZS said:

@NoFear I'm just trying to understand the goto address edit I'm trying to hack pokemon magikarp jump i watched the video of hacking Pokemon magikarp jump i successfully hacked Pokemon magikarp jump but now i want to understand the edit please can you tell me the goto address edit please 

Thank you

All it is, dword values are treated as a xor encryption. 

You goto address so you can see the xor key above, use GG's built in XOR calc too calculate what the xor value will be using the xor key. 

@NoFear thank you now i understand one more problem i found right now that is how to find xor key i tried value is encrypted but there is two value in Pokemon magikarp jump

@Enyby

Thank you

Edited by FahimZS

• Moderators
10 hours ago, FahimZS said:

@NoFear thank you now i understand one more problem i found right now that is how to find xor key i tried value is encrypted but there is two value in Pokemon magikarp jump

@Enyby

Thank you

Xor key is typically 1 or 2 dword lines away. Nintendo is the rare exception. Xor key and value usually look very very similar, especially for smaller values. Encrypted searching might not always find the xor value depending on how much the value changes. 

@NoFear @Enyby one last question if  xor... =444444 then if i put 1 in value then xor 444444=444445 if i put 4 in value then xor 444444=444440 and if i put 44 in value then xor 444444=444464 how to calculate xor easily is there anyway to calculate xor easily with normal calculator?? If yes then let me know please i searched in google but didn't got anything

Thank you

Edited by FahimZS

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:29 AM, Enyby said:

scr_1507242550.jpg

Most of calculators support xor and other bitwise operators.

thank you, but you have link it ??? please