GameGuardian App Settings & Data

Erito

For GameGuardian updates, it is hard to keep settings when I update GG.

Hopefully, GG can store it's settings in user storage instead of in \data\data. 

Or it can also recognize past GG settings and profiles and restore them to the new random-generated-app-named GG

Hopefully, this can be added very soon. It will be very useful when updating or reinstalling GG. Thanks. 

But it does store most of the settings when you update now. What you do is, do not uninstall the previous version first, then install the new version, after approving the new version through your supersu or alternative manager, it will offer to restart itself then it will ask if you want to uninstall the previous installation of GG, select yes. That's the steps I do anyway. I checked the settings and saved lists and they are  still there.

@Enyby might have a more concrete answer to this one.

@Erito

Like @Zaidos said, GameGuardian Keeps your data between updates, unless you uninstall it manually and install the new version.

For updating with keeping your data you just have to download the new apk and install it, it will not overwrite the other GameGuardian at first, but after running the newer version for the first time and finishing installation, it ask for deleting the other (older) GameGuardian, but keeps it's data.

• Administrators

As others say, gg copy data from old versions if it possible. It is reason why it asked after install for restart, and why it ask about remove old versions only after ask about restart. Gg copy data from old version and want restart for apply it. Only after that it want remove old versions.

But what if I have uninstalled one of the GameGuardian(with the original package name)?

I usually only keep GG by the one with random package name. The other one with the original package name was uninstalled because there are games which scans your apps list. If I leave GG there without random name, game may not run. 

So, @Zaidos @Backlift @Enyby, does that matter when I update GG? Will settings stay after update?

1 hour ago, Erito said:

But what if I have uninstalled one of the GameGuardian(with the original package name)?

I usually only keep GG by the one with random package name. The other one with the original package name was uninstalled because there are games which scans your apps list. If I leave GG there without random name, game may not run. 

So, @Zaidos @Backlift @Enyby, does that matter when I update GG? Will settings stay after update?

I also usually work with the Random package named version.

No diffrence, it does what it does.

Copies data from the older version and uninstalls it.

Don't worry, always get apk and install. Then leave the rest to GameGuardian.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Erito said:

does that matter when I update GG? Will settings stay after update?

No. Installer must be removed automatically. If not. You can remove it manually. But you do not need remove manually previous version with random name and all must be fine - new version with random name must copy data from old with random name.

17 hours ago, Backlift said:

I also usually work with the Random package named version.

No diffrence, it does what it does.

Copies data from the older version and uninstalls it.

Don't worry, always get apk and install. Then leave the rest to GameGuardian.

5 hours ago, Enyby said:

In this video I show how this works. As you can notice temporary path and icon position saved between versions.

Yes! I got it. Thanks everyone for helping me! I've tried and it worked! These quotes are the solution to my problem. Many thanks. 

Archived