**ptrace** error "process detection" what to do

Ptrace strace?

Please correct  me if i am wrong, but i have noticed this bit of code showing up more and more through out the years. 

It has came to the point i need to upgrade my skills sharpen my blade as these games and apps are getting harder to modify through android system alone.

I am not a newbie at altering apks and memory edits but i have amateur skills beyond anything besides mem edits obb editing and light sql database modifications. But i am def and am looking to improve.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

So what is ptrace and strace

Games with ptrace process detection.

Ptrace is a process scanner intergrated google coding for security and defense of running and or process attaching to avoid alteration of the protected app. 

Again if i am wrong please correct me.

How do i avoid this whats are the next steps i or we should learn to understand mainly everything to try and fix this. 

"I rather be taught to fish than beg for the tuna." ;-p

They are more easy to modify when you have custom rom and Xposed installed, but without Gapps flashed(or you just stop google services). If you have skills or you can use GG and LP, xPrivacy very well you can make the app standlone, offline if it can run online, but with the modern apps as you say it's more harder because they allways want from you to have internet connecion (even if the data can run offline) they sent logs, data usage "for better services, performance..etc." but they can spot you if you have pathed the app, they will see the log and modify it for the next update and the weakness in the code will be fixed. The hardest way is to Reverse the .apk file modify the code then recompile it and sing it. This needs some good skills.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. So i have installed xposed the other day installed all modules that hide root from apks, i use the freecharge module also, i made it so the game cannot update to avoid any security patches.

So far in gunship battle second war. I passed most of the ptrace problems. Now i am moving forward debugging and patching. I use scoop for my stack tracing. And then i got lazy and took a break but my goal is to edit the game internall i stead maybe even get rid of ptrace all together. I think im moving up in the coding game debugging game.

Thank you mrnobody.

On 6/22/2017 at 0:28 PM, Enyby said:

You banned in Google?

No suprisingly im not banned over the last ten years.  Knock on wood

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Androidabuser2015 said:

Ok. So i have installed xposed the other day installed all modules that hide root from apks, i use the freecharge module also, i made it so the game cannot update to avoid any security patches.

So far in gunship battle second war. I passed most of the ptrace problems. Now i am moving forward debugging and patching. I use scoop for my stack tracing. And then i got lazy and took a break but my goal is to edit the game internall i stead maybe even get rid of ptrace all together. I think im moving up in the coding game debugging game.

Thank you mrnobody.

No suprisingly im not banned over the last ten years.  Knock on wood

I think Enyby was being wise about if you were banned from Google. Basically saying a Google search would've answered your question(s). 

As for ptrace, you'll have to modify the game and NOP or remove the ptrace function from the game. 

Most games essentially have a 2nd process that attaches to the games main process. Only one thing can be attached at a time. GG attaching removes the games ptrace and games detects and force closes. 

I can't remember which dev, either Net Marble or Gamevil doesn't have a 2nd process and detects GG attaching /searching. 

Oh true. I thought i was just adding to the forums and helping. As for google im crazy man there watching our every move. I woke up and google guy was standing over me while i was sleeping recording info on me. PARANOID. WELL thanks for all ur help and wise ass remarks. This is my last post. Keep it real.

• 11 months later...
On 6/22/2017 at 12:28 PM, Enyby said:

You banned in Google?

I am not banned in google. 

On 7/9/2017 at 1:09 PM, Androidabuser2015 said:

Oh true. I thought i was just adding to the forums and helping. As for google im crazy man there watching our every move. I woke up and google guy was standing over me while i was sleeping recording info on me. PARANOID. WELL thanks for all ur help and wise a** remarks. This is my last post. Keep it real.

OK thanks.

On 7/8/2017 at 5:07 PM, NoFear said:

I think Enyby was being wise about if you were banned from Google. Basically saying a Google search would've answered your question(s). 

As for ptrace, you'll have to modify the game and NOP or remove the ptrace function from the game. 

Most games essentially have a 2nd process that attaches to the games main process. Only one thing can be attached at a time. GG attaching removes the games ptrace and games detects and force closes. 

I can't remember which dev, either Net Marble or Gamevil doesn't have a 2nd process and detects GG attaching /searching. 

Thank you I am going to learn this next step I'm all juices up for it. 

Archived