need help with GG

jesica192

Question

hello :)

i have this game, it runs offline, but sends "AJAX" POST to a server with values from the game. here are the POST name and values:

data: {"items":[44982,44983],"tagId":209000182}
user: {"userId":1928739}

with game guardian, i can search for the userId "1928739" and tagId "209000182" in DWord, and i can edit just fine. but i can't seem to be able to search for the items "44982" and "44983", and i am guessing because it's in an array? So how would i go about editing the items' numbers?

(sorry if it doesn't make a lot of sense, i am new to GG)

thanks!

9 answers to this question

thanks for the reply!

and the items' numbers are staying the same...

the game is "Glam Fever", it's not available anymore, but i still have it and the server is still up

here is more explanation;

this game "Glam Fever" is offline, but sometimes you can win awards in it and send them to your online Stardoll account. they are sent through a POST request to the Stardoll API servers, with these POST values:

data: {"items":[44982,44983],"tagId":209000182}
user: {"userId":1928739}

so, i want to hack and edit my userId and tagId. I search for 1928739 and 209000182 in DWord, i find them and edit, and i send to server; boom, hacked! but i want to also edit the "items" numbers. when i search gameguardian for 44982 or 44983 in DWord, it finds a few entries and i try to edit but the POST values don't change. so how can i search with gameguardian for these numbers?

Edited by jesica192
explanation

@Enyby i noticed that when i search for the items' numbers in GG, for example 44982, it finds like 5 entries, and when i edit, they successfully edit, but when i re-send the AJAX and search again for the number it also finds new entries. maybe the numbers are being recreated when the ajax is firing? if so, is it possible with GameGuardian to automatically edit all entries with the number 44982? (again sorry if it doesn't make a lot of sense xD)

• Administrators

If used dynamic memory allocation then you can not change this values because memory for its allocated during AJAX request. You need find source of this ids and change it. In this case AJAX will be used modified source.

This numbers can be hardcoded or stored inside some database. If its get not from memory each time on send request then you can not change them from GG.

• Moderators

Try this... 

Unknown search. 

Right when you goto submit the request, have GG auto pause the game and unknown change. Then search the values then edit. 

This method worked for a LINE game for me. 

@NoFear ahh, it didn't work! =(

i think i did something wrong.. here  is what i did:

1- i selected "autopause game" option in GG settings

2- i did unknown search in DWord

3- right when i click the button to send the request, i open gameguardian so the request didn't send yet (because of autopause)

4- i searched for "44982" again in DWord, found few entries and edited  them.

5- unpaused the game but the number didn't change D:

(so are these steps right btw?)

i don't know why but i think the reason i can't find the real numbers is because it's in an array [44982,44983] because i can edit the tag id and user id normally but why these numbers only i can't edit? maybe array values could be stored in something different than DWord, etc. or maybe another number?

thanks again for all your help,! <3

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, jesica192 said:

@NoFear ahh, it didn't work! =(

i think i did something wrong.. here  is what i did:

1- i selected "autopause game" option in GG settings

2- i did unknown search in DWord

3- right when i click the button to send the request, i open gameguardian so the request didn't send yet (because of autopause)

4- i searched for "44982" again in DWord, found few entries and edited  them.

5- unpaused the game but the number didn't change D:

(so are these steps right btw?)

i don't know why but i think the reason i can't find the real numbers is because it's in an array [44982,44983] because i can edit the tag id and user id normally but why these numbers only i can't edit? maybe array values could be stored in something different than DWord, etc. or maybe another number?

thanks again for all your help,! <3

Do the unknown method again, but instead of dword, try Word.