Game crashes once its memory is searched by GG

Stalmoker

Question

I encountered problem when trying to search any value in game "Hongkai Impact 3". I'm using Nvidia shield tablet as gaming device, and this problem exits only when device is running roms based on CM(11 -13)/Lineage(13 - 14.1) (device is rooted). Game guardian works totally fine to the game with Nvidia's stock rom installed. 

Under CM/ Lineage rom,  after doing any search action with game guardian, the game doesn't literally crash. Instead, it pops out an in-game message says an error occurred with "quit" as the only option. It seems game guardian is somehow detected by the game, and triggered some sort of anti-cheat mechanism. I tried "pause game" and "hide GG from game" in settings, but the problem persisted. With some asking around, I found the same issue also exists on many of devices running MIUI8. Out of interest, I tried Cheat Engine for Android(very old version). Exactly the same message pops out after doing search over game's memory pages with CE as well. 

Here is the link for game apk:

https://app.bh3.com/public/Android/20170220-161518-gf_android_ota-versions-v1_3-ASB-il2cpp_guofu.apk

It's a Chinese based game, but the in-game error message pops out regardless which stage is currently experiencing. Thus, it's not hard to re-create the problem, provided the game is running on specific rom.

Thanks for reading through my poor English, much appreciated.

4 answers to this question

• Administrators

I think game detect ptrace connect to self. Usually this games have not one process for it. In most cases their have two process - game and defend. Second process monitor state for first and shutdown it if any suspicious activity found.

GG can not bypass that.

27 minutes ago, Enyby said:

I think game detect ptrace connect to self. Usually this games have not one process for it. In most cases their have two process - game and defend. Second process monitor state for first and shutdown it if any suspicious activity found.

GG can not bypass that.

Hi Enyby, 

Thanks for answering my question. If that's the case, I'm wondering how different ROMs affect this detecting process. Since, the game manages to detect game guardian only on few kinds of ROMs(CM on nvidia shield, MIUI8 on most devices etc.). Game guardian works fine against this game on most of other ROMs. 

Thank you again.

Archived