Quality of Life Improvements/Suggestions

Goof

Hi all, I've noticed a couple of things that bother me while using GG that I feel have some relatively straight forward fixes.

The first is that when faced with a list of saved items, it takes two taps to clear the selection, but only one to select them all (the select-all button is prominently displayed on the toolbar). Rather than move the clear selection button to the toolbar, I suggest a change in behavior of the 'Select all' button:

• If you tap this button, and there one or more un-selected items in the list, then select all items. Else:
  • If all items are already selected, then tapping the 'Select all' button should de-select all items in the list.

Such a change would be a welcome feature IMO, and somewhat speed up usage of the program. It would also be nice if this select/de-select button was available on the toolbar of the search screen.

The second change is a bit harder to explain, but I have a video to help:

Loading a saved offset table in GG

I have a saved table for a game from a previous session. I have found one of the values in the table, and wish to load the rest of the values around it. When I load the table, the numbers are all wrong, as the memory addresses have moved. You can then see how I re-align the table by comparing the memory addresses of the saved and freshly searched value, then applying that offset to move the rest of the table. What I propose is this:

• I search for a value, then save it with some name.
  • I then load the saved values table from a previous session.
  • If one of the address names in the incoming saved table match what is already in the saved values list, then move the table to align around that value, like I do in the video.

I feel like all the underlying functions to do this are already there, it would just take some time to put it all together into one feature. Like my other suggestion, it would make a huge improvement in speed and ease of use of the program :)

Hopefully you guys can take on board what I hope for and implement it, if not then thank you for your time :)

I didn't read all this, but there are options to rearrange the toolbar menu, in which the deselect all Button is available right beside the select all. I'll reread more of this, maybe to fix your quality of life, you could look more into the programs customizations too.

Edit: saved tables don't work after closing a game due to the randomized data, the saved table isnt meant to be reloaded after the app has been closed, the Android operating system won't put the data in the same place, not GameGuardians problem, email google. Also, a lot of this stuff can be answered or found via searching the forums. Just dig and poke more.

There are even video tutorials to answer and help show you some of the things you're asking for.

These features have either been implemented or just are not possible without Google making changes to the Android OS.

Good luck.

(3113@SM-S978L|5.0.2)

I suggest you watch the video to see what I mean. I know the addresses move, this is common to most non-embedded OSes one is likely to game on.

What I do is load the saved items list from another session. It shows garbage data, because it's not lined up with the correct addresses in memory. Let's imagine the first item on the list is my health. I then search for where my health value actually is in memory and save it. I compare the true saved health address with the address that was loaded with the saved list using the 'Calculate Offset' button. This tells me how far away all the values in the saved list are from their correct locations. I then select all of those values and move them to the correct locations using the 'Change Address' button, pasting in the offset I just calculated. The entire saved list now moves to the correct location, and I have 9 correct values to play with, and I only had to manually search for one :)

What's important to note is that while the addresses in a table might be completely wrong, the distance between each value stays the same every time you run the program. So if you line up one value in the table, all of the rest will line up correctly as well :)

• Administrators

Thanks for yours suggestions. I understand it. 

1. I do not think this is good idea. It can confuse users because action of button is contextual. It is not good for new users. Hard to predict action before press to they.

Maybe in future we can allow select custom set of toolbar buttons.

2. It is more interest. We have some plans around it. In your case match by name is too magic. May be need dialog to choice 2 items for new align, from old and new list. We think about how better implement this.

Archived