Walking dead road to survival armory, client side weapons

neverstop123

Question

Hello

I have noticed that the weapon upgrades in walking dead road to survival are client sided/predetermined not rolled by any server. I know this because there was an exploit where you remain offline to view upgrade results, they patched that so when you press claim it does an online check, but weapons are still pre determined because I have weapons getting the results I had saved from the previous exploit. The results are still there before the online check, so they are client side. Is there any way to intercept the results during the online check which is after the upgrade is completed and pressing the claim button or somehow see the weapon code so I can see if there are any similarities with predetermined upgrades? Lets please brainstorm

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, NoFear said:

Can you start upgrade offline? 

Yes sir you can start the upgrade offline, you can also finish it offline. It only does the online check once you "claim" the weapon once its completed so I can't tell the results. And remember it's 100% client sided for the upgrade results, not server rolled.

Hey I'm jess,

pleeeeezzzzzeeeee if you find an answer for this let me know!! I hate that they patched it finnally as I got my armory to 20. I got to do a few absolut defense and a green stunner. Luckily none of my weapons were taken after the patch :))

a lot of my fac mates had theirs taken but my buddy told me a trick to do 5 failures and let them fail, in between each successful weapon exploited. Idk how but it seems like it's still possible like you said just gotta get passed that stupid connection pop up. Anyways PM if you hear of anything. Maybe don't post cuz scopley has spies. 

On 1/11/2017 at 6:19 PM, neverstop123 said:

I have been trying to find the addresses but it's ridiculously hard when you are looking for addresses blindly and even if we find the address we would need to figure out what the values in the address mean. Now I'm trying to get the packet being sent to server on confirmation "when you claim after upgrade"  and try to recreate to see if I can trick client into thinking it passed the online check while offline to see results. 

Maybe you can spoof the game to think your still online even if your not, like have device receive data but not send it. Idk If that's even possible just an ideA

I have been trying to find the addresses but it's ridiculously hard when you are looking for addresses blindly and even if we find the address we would need to figure out what the values in the address mean. Now I'm trying to get the packet being sent to server on confirmation "when you claim after upgrade"  and try to recreate to see if I can trick client into thinking it passed the online check while offline to see results. 

Archived