Countdown timer

Luccandro

Hello Guys,

I got a question: You got a timer that counts down from x to 0, let's say from 5:00 min to 0:01. Obviously, I want to speed up or omit the those 5 minutes. Speed hack is not an option as it crashes the app. Now, the questions, is there possibility to make one time jump of 4:50 min ?

If above not, do you have clue or hint how to break this into pieces and get on path to breaking the count down timer problem ?

Thanks in advanced.
Kindest Regards

• Moderators

There is many ways the timer might work. 

Could be dword or float. 

MOST games use time value in seconds. 

Sometimes once the time starts you do have to wait. 

But you can find the time it refers to when it starts so it is only 1 sec. 

I would do many unknown dword changed searches as every 2 to 3 seconds passes. 

The reason for dword. 

Float value will have dword 10 digit value. 

Dword time value won't have float value. 

I do most searches with dword until I figure out if it is dword or float. 

Ok ....  I guess I understand this part, also, if I am not wrong, it may be calculated in ms, but you say 'most games use seconds' so you advise to search for the seconds first ? As I tried to look for ms ....

Question: before doing the search, the option 'freeze the game' should be on or off ? I assume that on, as if the timer is on, I will not be able to find the value, right ? Or gg freezes the timer anyway ?

• Moderators

I would do unknown dword changed. 

You don't need to auto pause game either.  Just wait 3 seconds at the end of each search to start the next. 

The reason for unknown change and not decrease is may in case it counts up and not down. It helps save on how many types of searches you attempt. 

That was useful technique .. thx.

I found such a strange thing ... at least for me. I got 2 timers found - the increment of those is up 1 unit per second. Now, the thing is that modifying it does not change the value at it is back to its previous count. But, the more interesting thing is that those counters cannot be frozen too.

The same timers at the same addresses are found with float value too.

Any idea why ?

Edited by Luccandro

• Moderators

Couple things. 

Look at nearby values. 

See if you can find a value that represents the timer. 

Ex: game where you have 5 lives and when you lose a life 30min until you gain another life. 

Editing the timer does nothing. 

But nearby is the 1800 value. 

Edit that to 0 and timer will instantly be done. 

Another option is fine the timer and goto address location and look at nearby values.  When timer finishes, see if nearby values change.

Ex: while timer is ticking, nearby value might be 1. When timer finishes, value becomes 0.

Worth just messing with things nearby. 

Also, if you pause game with GG for like 5sec. Then resume, does the game timer jump ahead 5sec? Or does it continue from where you paused it? 

I mean i don't know the game or what you tried but try using maybe a minute to second calculator (if it is hard to calculate it otherwise) then use the new range search with DWord and if that doesn't work Float.

Or unknown search and decrease/increase (try both, game maybe counts up to the number instead of to 0)

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Skullboyq said:

I mean i don't know the game or what you tried but try using maybe a minute to second calculator (if it is hard to calculate it otherwise) then use the new range search with DWord and if that doesn't work Float.

Or unknown search and decrease/increase (try both, game maybe counts up to the number instead of to 0)

Is it sad I know many times in seconds very quickly? 

86400 will always be stuck in my head :p

54 minutes ago, NoFear said:

Is it sad I know many times in seconds very quickly? 

86400 will always be stuck in my head :p

I mean you pretty much know everything so i wouldn't exclude that.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/24/2016 at 5:54 AM, NoFear said:

I would do unknown dword changed. 

You don't need to auto pause game either.  Just wait 3 seconds at the end of each search to start the next. 

The reason for unknown change and not decrease is may in case it counts up and not down. It helps save on how many types of searches you attempt. 

I can't manage to grasp this, how do you search a timer going down without pausing?