New Tutorials

Cooperb

Id really like to see a tutorial on how to actually find the values or how to find values like health or when you buy something instead of it going down it goes up. Tell us how we can find and do things like this. I've already mentioned that once I learn well get a better idea on how to do these things that I'll become a contributor. I like this community and I plan to stay a while. Thanks

• Administrators

Id really like to see a tutorial on how to actually find the values or how to find values like health or when you buy something instead of it going down it goes up. Tell us how we can find and do things like this. I've already mentioned that once I learn well get a better idea on how to do these things that I'll become a contributor. I like this community and I plan to stay a while. Thanks

Read my tutorial (the post before yours)!

Every game is different, there is no magic formula. It all depends on how they store their data and how well you understand computers. Many developers intentionally hide or disguise the values so that they are extremely difficult to hack. That's the fun of it for me.

EDITED: A couple years ago, I wrote a on finding values using GG (sort of), but it does demonstrate finding specific numbers. I suggest you study it, too.

Read my tutorial (the post before yours)!

Every game is different, there is no magic formula. It all depends on how they store their data and how well you understand computers. Many developers intentionally hide or disguise the values so that they are extremely difficult to hack. That's the fun of it for me.

EDITED: A couple years ago, I wrote a on finding values using GG (sort of), but it does demonstrate finding specific numbers. I suggest you study it, too.

Thank you so much for your detailed response. If there are any other guides or books about doing this could you maybe give me a hand or suggest more reading material? I know that I have to decompile the apks to get to all the good stuff, but is there a program you could suggest using?

• Administrators

Thank you so much for your detailed response. If there are any other guides or books about doing this could you maybe give me a hand or suggest more reading material? I know that I have to decompile the apks to get to all the good stuff, but is there a program you could suggest using?

Go to IT eBooks and search for "Hacking" (be sure to select the "Title" radio button).

Decompiling doesn't work quite like I think you think it does! Having Java source code isn't really going to help much. You'd be better served learning about computers in general (hex, little-endian/big-endian, etc.), and specifically Dalvik code, if you're interested in Android. Look at the books on the IT eBooks site. Knowledge is your best weapon.

To get back on subject, decompiling is difficult and even if you could recompile the code, the signatures would be different. For different signature ramifications, Google "Android app Signing." There are online apk decompilers and they work fine, but you need to know Android programming for them to make sense, especially as any XML layouts are not decompiled as XML, but as dificult-to-read code.

Good luck.

• 3 months later...