Using Game-Guardian Without ROOT

SkaterGamer182

Should Game Guardian Be No Root?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Give Me Reasons why you think it should or should not be no root

• Because it is easy to root so non-rooted people can root easily.
    • Because Non-rooted users can't root from their android device's security that it won't let them root their device.

• 4 weeks later...

Forgot these rooting apps, they are old and you need to root your phone with new programs *not apps* you have to use your pc and adb. In these new android versions the vulns are patched and because of that these rootkit apps don't work anymore with newer android versions.

Isn't root essential to let GameGuardian run? I mean if it werent you wouldve probably not include the message that a user isnt rooted and he has to do it

And @MrNob0dy is right, these one click rooting apps are just using exploits to bypass androids security and were fixed long ago, the most updated one is Kingroot but Android and Phone companies fix them quite quickly, besides these rooting apps mostly are pretty bad and unstable, i had kingroot long ago and most apps didnt want to accept that my phone was rooted and it was just buggy in general

@SkaterGamer182

What version of android are you running?

What Phone?

Carrier Locked?

Model Number? (Should be in Settings under Phone info) [Looks kinda like this Gt-i9505 for S4]

Have you tried anything like odin/adb

Do you have a custom recovery like twrp,cwm or Philz

Edited by Skullboyq

@SkaterGamer182

https://download.chainfire.eu/643/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-shieldtablet-wxnawf-shieldtablet.zip 

Is a slightly diffrent model but im not experienced with these shield tablets

If you wanna root with this do a backup and i hold no responsibility for whatever happens, this was just a file i found while searching root for your tablet.

• 4 months later...

I can't root my phone according to websites. Not yet at least. I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 on Sprint running 6.0.1 android. The software version is g930pvpu4apl6. SM-G930P is the phone model. They are saying it is super hard to root and not worth trying until they get a cf working for it. So yeah.... No GG for now. 

Maybe this can help the OP

How To Root

Also;

@sempai2055

You should try the above, but because you said it's super hard I went out of my way for you:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-galaxy-s7/how-to/sm-g930p-root-t3410604

Edited by 3113

On Tue Feb 21 2017 at 10:40 AM, 3113 said:

Maybe this can help the OP

How To Root

Also;

@sempai2055

You should try the above, but because you said it's super hard I went out of my way for you:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-galaxy-s7/how-to/sm-g930p-root-t3410604

@3113 Seems interesting but the updated 10/2016 scares me. My phone says the android security was last patched 12/1/16, a few months after that. So I  am sure the root would work on an un-updated phone, but pretty sure it would brick mine. I even downloaded an app and ran it to see if my phone can be rooted. It answered back not at this time. So... I feel I am screwed until someone makes a CF for my phone and the latest patches or someone decides to make a mod for this game. Thanks for the help though. :)

• Administrators

With Magisk, I can have my SELinux set to enforcing, which enables my devices to pass the SafetyNet test. Such things like Android Pay work because they don't see the root :) There are some nice ways recently to have security but also control of your device, especially with Nougat.

If you take the time to look, you can almost always find someone that discovered a root method. Hell, I've rooted three phones now that were 'un-rootable' when they came out. The result is directly related to the effort.

The best thing for us to do is buying phones that are unlocked and root/developer friendly. That's why I recently got a OnePlus 3T (Literally a box you can check in settings to unlock the bootloader).

Closing statement:

GG has the authority to peer into/modify the data of other apps. Wouldn't such a thing require elevated permissions? It's like asking a developer, to make a Linux application (which is installed to the system folders), that modifies system data + other apps' data, but figure out how to NOT require sudo to do so (hehe, I rhymed ;)). And Android is literally a lite distro of Linux, with other aspects included (like java).

Make me a sandwhichNo.

sudo make me a sandwhich. Ok.

• 1 year later...