Would Game Guardian work better on a Deodexed Device

windgale

Question

Hi, my name is Kitsune and I have been using Game Guardian for awhile now. I have a question or two if anyone can help me.

I am doing some work on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) and I plan on updating to a newer Firmware. I have the option to go to Deodexed or a normal one.  Would there be any improvement to Game Guardian if I chose Deodexed over the normal one?

And as a side question, would anyone also about Lucky Patchy regarding the same question?

Please and thank you for your answers. I am doing this right at this moment, so the sooner someone can assist me the better.

7 answers to this question

• Administrators

Permissive is better.

GG try switch to Permissive in runtime if it Enforced.

If it can not be doned (for example in Android N) it can prevent GameGuardian to work.

Before exit GameGuardian try restore this setting to previous value.

• Administrators

You do not need to think about it. If possible, the GG switch modes on their own when it is needed.
On 5/6 Android it can be done with
root rights.
On 7 - no. Even with root rights.

• Moderators

Thank you. 

Definitely leaving device on permissive then. 

Just curious, how is permissive better for GG? Will it run faster, or more reliable? Or is it something under the hood I won't notice anything different? 

• Administrators

All simple. On Enforcing Android can block work with other processes. Because of that GG can not work at all.

"Better" is wrong word. On Enforcing GG can not work at all. This is depends on settings SELinux. Usual it denied work programs like GG.

Because of that better disable it. Or GG try temprorary disable it for you, while you working with GG.

If it prevent work GG and it can not be switched to Permissive - you noticed that. GG stop working. May be it can not see list of process or connect to game. Or say game dead everytime. Or report PTRACE_ATTACH errors.

Archived