GG FAQ

Aqua

. Root? How to?

This application is for rooted device only!

Well, the rooting procedure is device and Android version dependent. I can't tell you exactly how to root your device. You can try to google it, searching "root Android {your_device_name}". Usually, you could find something helpful. Following two links contain useful information. You can check them out first.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how ... ne-device/

http://www.androidauthority.com/rooting ... let-10915/

. Set Temp Path

GameGuardian store data in memory by default. It would require large space if you search "0" or use fuzzy search. You may run out of memory, and either GG or your game would be killed by system to free memory. You can set the temp path to "/sdcard", and GG would store data in file system instead of memory. However, it would be much slower, 7 times slower in my device.

DO NOT use "/data" unless you have more than 1GB free space in your /data partition. GG can handle out of disk space, but Android handle it differently. Android will clear whole data partition if /data is full, all your data would be lost.

The string length is restricted to a small number because it is expected to the name of a partition or mount point, not really a path of an arbitrarily folder.

. Game Guardian? GameGuardian?

It is Android Market changing the searching criteria. Type "Game Guardian" will search "Guardian" in game category. That's why you need to search with "GameGuardian" and I changed the App name to GameGuardian to match it.

. No Ad?

The advertisement provider is AdMob, which is owned by Google. The ad fill rate is more than 98%. If you could not see the ad, most likely you have anti-ad installed.

Use "AdAway" app, you can specify the white list. All the following addresses are related to AdMob. You can add them into white list and press "Download files and apply blocking" button to generate new /etc/hosts file.

jp.admob.com

analytics.admob.com

c.admob.com

mmv.admob.com

mm.admob.com

admob.com

a.admob.com

p.admob.com

mm1.vip.sc1.admob.com

r.admob.com

Of course, you can un-check them to have them blocked again.

However, every time you change the configurations, you need to flush DNS cache to adopt new configurations. There is no easy way to do it in Android. 1) You can restart your device to activate configurations, or 2) you can wait for 10 minutes to have old configurations invalid.

. Hot key

For the Hot Key functionality, it only works for some devices. Some device drivers don't provide enough information. Some devices don't even have extra key for Hot Key. I have to give it up for not confusing users.

. Name search

To be frank with you, I really don't know how to implement that function. There are several reasons that I am less interested in investigating it. 1) To protect game source code, some companies would use

obfuscator, such as ProGuard, to rename every function and variable. You can not find a meaningful symbol name in such games. 2) The symbol information only exists in Java layer, many games would use C/C++ to optimize the performance. You have no chance to get the symbol name in C/C++ world. 3) To guess the symbol name is very very tricky, I wonder what is the success rate.

. Enable lock function

The lock function is per-game basis. Once you enable lock function for a specific game, you don't need to bother it anymore. Unless you want to enable lock function for another game, you will need to go to enable lock function page again.

. Game specific issues

Some games may contain protection techniques to prevent form cheating. It probably needs to dig into the game to find out the reason. I am so sorry that I cannot help game specific issues for every game. Please use this forum to discuss with other users. I really need all users' creativity.

• Administrators

being a developer, can you make gameguardian mod offline and crack gamecih to run in hidden mode even offline? it lure many people to become vip.

First we need to set up a system for VIP. So that when someone donates to be VIP, it goes directly to aqua.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

• 11 months later...

aqua, is there a possibility that you could add a search option on GG where we will type a specific character or string e.g. stone, gem, gold so that we could easily find those address and edit it like in gamecih?

+1

I would really appreciate this function.. I would even donate for it... Now people who want to hack game using string search must use gameCIH, which doesnt work under ICS and newer... :\ :\

For example nice RPG Inotia 3 needs string search for shop hack (you can find inventory slots with this and hack items into it).

Archived