gg icon disappear any fix asap!

Atlasfix

• Administrators

Update solve problem with icon thing..but when use fuzzy some game will force close or icon vanish..need update again I think.thanks for asap reply popfan..

Same with fuzzy search for me.

. Why does GG disappear?

When memory is not enough, low memory killer in Android system would kill less important programs to ensure there is enough free memory. Before GG 5.1, GG is a background service, so it is easily selected and killed. (I tried to make it foreground, but Android 3.3.x~ ignore that. Because this technique is abused, android team decided to change the semantic of some APIs)

. How about now?

Now GG 5.1 gets higher priority than foreground Apps, e.g. games. When memory is not enough, what system can do is killing lower priority programs, i.e. you game.

. Any solution?

So, how to reduce memory pressure? Use "Set Temp Path" to put the temporary data into external storage instead of memory. That could reduce the memory usage. However, that also makes searching much slower. (Especially for Fuzzy search, it really requires lots of memory and time)

OK, here is what is happening with me.

I am using 4.04 ICS on my Captivate

On Frontline Commando, this has happened so far.

I cannot load SwiftX keyboard during the game to input numbers.

After a search for a value is completed, I can play a section, but after the section is done and sometimes during, the game will crash.

I have not gotten to try on other games yet.

• 2 months later...