Slightly odd musings of an old man (or how I figured out a problem by reading )

sodaface

Hello.

Today I managed to work out a GG search problem without asking here in the forum's.  

That in itself isn't worth a forum post. 

But how I did it , well , maybe is. 

I've been stuck on a constantly changing ammo value problem for months.  I've previously posted questions for help on this but still didn't manage to sort it out. 

I left the problem for a few weeks and came back to it today.  

I read other forum posts and guides that showed how to do similar things to what I wanted , but not help exactly.   I tried and tried many methods and then , after many attempts with many types of values , I figured out my problem.  

I guess my long winded point is ..... Try anything and everything.  Press all the buttons , break all the things.  Search every type of value , try searching for values at different points in the game.    Can't find it at the menu screen , try searching in the middle of a race.  Still can't find it , try searching known values as the game boots up. (Hello hcr2 hacks 🤣).  

Try , crash, rinse, repeat.  

Someone delete my ramblings if inappropriate

THE IMPORTANCE OF READING

and usage of the SEARCH button on this site.

countless question had been answered before but yet people still ask for it..even a simple one.

while some search for it and found what they are looking for....there are some who dont ever bother to try looking for it...let alone to do some reading.

its the JOURNEY for your goals that matter..you will never know what else you would find in the quest to find the answer.

..you may or may not find it...it will cost your time but with it you will gain some new knowledges as well in a very unexpected way.

just a piece of my mind.

Yeah...also don´t forget inorder to use GG at his full potentional you need knowledge that exceeds the information that is giving on this site.

I mean i been like you, looking and tracking people down to get info about how to use this or that. Stalking them on there discord and stuff...but at the end of the day you will know that they wont throw the answers at you either...there is no point in do that...i mean after some time i had to understand that the only way to learn is by searching and trying...but you need a shedule...Enyby give me in the past the advice to buy books of Lua...i mean i tried hard brutha, but i wasnt trying how to push every single button...just start learning the language it self. Learn Lua, Learn programming, Learn C++...its the advice i give you to do...i tried and learned a lot more then what i knew at first...however...GG is updating so fast...so for people like us we need to catch up with that. we need to know about Hardware stuff, i tell you. GG goes faster then we can match up with...so do not complain and start to learn through books or online cources...try to learn as much as possible related to programming and hardware and then come back here and you will understand way more about GG, see it as a race...GG vs You...catch it if you can 🙂

Absolutely , a good foundation knowledge of lua is the best way forward.   I'm working on that too.  

And yes I'm guilting of stalking GG legends for tips and advice.  

I'm exploring every angle , every different forum that may have some knowledge.  

And I'm learning by trying and trying again. 

And I'm trying to give back to this forum how ever I can too.  

This is a resource as amazing as the program itself.  

💚

my scripting skills are very limited..

and im ok with that as im just do it for fun..never thought to make it like a career or something.

in my opinion..there is nothing wrong asking(or stalking?) for guidance from someone here that are more skillfull than us newbie.

you just need to ask the right(smart) question so that you dont look like some lazy dumbass who never did their homework in first place.

i had asked for guidance from  someone here for a quite sometime now.

oh man...that someone never gave me a direct answer.

some answer that i had got was like encrypted script and really gave me hell trying to figure it out but when i did figure it out..its feel like heaven 10 folds.

sometime im just feel like a total stupid as the answer i seek for was already right under my nose..right in front my eyes.

you just need...in certain situation not everytime..to THINK outside the BOX.

that someone taught me that.

but most of time ...i only been told to READ this and that..SEARCH for this and that.

this site is full with informations and it will be such a waste if we not fully take advantage of it.

• Administrators

For hacking, the ability to write and understand scripts, most often, is not needed.

It is necessary to be able to use the help of GG, Google and have a general understanding of storing data in the memory of applications and games.

This is usually enough for most hacks.

Most people don't read anything and are just trying to waste other people's time.
"Give, give, give ...", "Teach me" and so on.

Most of the things are described in the GG help, on this forum and basically on the Internet.

More sophisticated hacks will require a deeper knowledge of the design of applications, games, data storage, and more, including pointers.

Scripts are usually needed to automate what you can do manually in GG anyway.

Only in rare cases, scripts are absolutely necessary. For example, when you need to change very large amounts of data, perform complex calculations, or changes must be made in a tight time frame.

In other cases, scripts just speed up everything that can be done manually.

Additionally, I can say that no one will teach anyone.
it is simply thankless work.
Either you learn yourself or you pay money in games.
All the information you need is usually in the GG help, Google help or this forum.
You just need to take, read, understand and use.

And learning is simply impossible, even if someone wanted it. There are much more people who want to tinker with them than the free time of any knowledgeable person.

Moreover, he is absolutely not interested in it.

Give, give, give ...", "Teach me" and so on.

oh my...this remind me of one now deleted topic that was once here with the most comments.

you give, give and give...teach and show them but at the end of the day...they never really try to LEARN it or for god sake...READ.😬😬😬

the just kept their MOUTH open and get ready to be FED only everytime.

really not a fan of this kind of attitudes.

Archived