values list become empty after several search

poorti

Question

greetings
i'm trying to change resources of different online games, but values list become empty after several refinements. what does this mean? or the value that i've changed gets back to its previous value.
technically is it possible to modify online games?
thanks

12 answers to this question

Some online games are modifiable and some aren't. It depends on how the information is stored. In the cases that nothing comes up after several refines then it might be encrypted. If nothing comes up encrypted then the value is server sided. If the wrong number comes up but changes exactly as the desired value does (decrease when desired value decreases increase when it increases stays the same when untouched) then the value is possibly encrypted like with a XOR key or other encryption method. When a value changes back then there's a possibility that you are only changing the display value and that there's another value that actually determines quantity. Trial and error are the only ways to truly determine some of these values for some of these games until you get a feel of things and even then you'll still be surprised when some games don't work like others that they are similar to. 

On 2/6/2021 at 4:42 AM, poorti said:

greetings
i'm trying to change resources of different online games, but values list become empty after several refinements. what does this mean? or the value that i've changed gets back to its previous value.
technically is it possible to modify online games?
thanks

Help! I change the value but it always return to his real value (#4idv9fwk)

Read my last message in this thread. This can help you

11 hours ago, AKidWithMidgetFriend said:

Some online games are modifiable and some aren't. It depends on how the information is stored. In the cases that nothing comes up after several refines then it might be encrypted. If nothing comes up encrypted then the value is server sided. If the wrong number comes up but changes exactly as the desired value does (decrease when desired value decreases increase when it increases stays the same when untouched) then the value is possibly encrypted like with a XOR key or other encryption method. When a value changes back then there's a possibility that you are only changing the display value and that there's another value that actually determines quantity. Trial and error are the only ways to truly determine some of these values for some of these games until you get a feel of things and even then you'll still be surprised when some games don't work like others that they are similar to. 

Thanks
I'm doing exact value/auto/encrypted, and at the end i have nothing

6 hours ago, poorti said:

Thanks
I'm doing exact value/auto/encrypted, and at the end i have nothing

Often times I see numerated values tied to bars like health that are numerically labeled but their real values being in proportion to it instead of directly tied to it ( for example health bar said 1000 but the value was stored as a 100, and if the 1k would decrease by 100 then the stored value of 100 would only decrease by 1. So although my health bar was saying 990 my health was actually stored as 99) to try to work around this try using fuzzy search. Although I wouldn't do auto as this may load too may results and take longer than necessary. You will commonly see these values stored as DWord, Double, or Float values. Search fuzzy in DWord first as you might not need to search the other two if it comes up here. If this still does not provide your desired value then it is most likely stored server sided

13 hours ago, AKidWithMidgetFriend said:

Often times I see numerated values tied to bars like health that are numerically labeled but their real values being in proportion to it instead of directly tied to it ( for example health bar said 1000 but the value was stored as a 100, and if the 1k would decrease by 100 then the stored value of 100 would only decrease by 1. So although my health bar was saying 990 my health was actually stored as 99) to try to work around this try using fuzzy search. Although I wouldn't do auto as this may load too may results and take longer than necessary. You will commonly see these values stored as DWord, Double, or Float values. Search fuzzy in DWord first as you might not need to search the other two if it comes up here. If this still does not provide your desired value then it is most likely stored server sided

Thanks
The closest time that i've come to a result was the time that i found a series of values, maybe around 10, they were a combination of Dword, float, xor. when i was trying to change just one value i didn't get any result, but when i tried all of them at the same time one by one, then i had an error message about item id.
i was trying to decrease the price of something and this was the final result.

The item i.d is more than likely tied to the float. Try to change every one but the float and hope that the float changes on its own or doesn't need changed. Sometimes you will find that the float is effected by quantity and will change with the change of quantity for the item and other times you will find that the amount of items and the item itself are stored differently. However if compensating for the float does not bring you success then perhaps go to the address of one of those values and see if there might be any stored information near those values that maybe of use i.e. another address with values correlating to something nearby the object in the game such as inventory slot assigned or whatever. It may also be helpful to have an inventory slot with 10 of the desired change item and another with 15 or 20 of the same item to see if quantity may effect the float value. I cannot any of this will work however and if it doesn't I can only hope you do not blame me for such and instead reconvene with this conversation and brainstorm for other possible solutions

On 2/13/2021 at 9:12 PM, AKidWithMidgetFriend said:

this will work however and if it doesn't I can only hope you do not blame me for such

Sorry for my delay and thank you for your reply.
Why would i do that?! I appreciate your help and info...
by the way it looks like that the game is completely dependent on its servers, so i can change some, but it changes to what it was before after having connection, so... I guess this is the end of it...

17 hours ago, NoFear said:

I think providing game/link and what you are attempting might be needed to gain better assistance. Right now you'll only get generic methods to try.

Thanks for your reply.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=skydragon.honorofkings&hl=en&gl=US
i've done what have been said before.
exact value/Dword, float, double
exact value/Dword, float, double all with encrypted option and even i've tried auto/encrypted

fuzzy search with exact increase and decrease and just with using unchanged/increased/decreased.
And as i said before i've came to some result of changing some of the values but after trying the result. for every result there is a load for connecting to the server, so the value becomes what it was before.
so, i hope i've answered what you've asked for.