Question about group size

Mofo50

Question

In group search what does the group size number actually do? I've checked the quick start guide on the app itself but it just tells me where the group size is and doesn't really explain what it does?

So for example it says the default is 512, so a search looking like this: "40D;3F;3F::512" means it has a group size of 512. But what does that do?

Edited by Mofo50

9 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Enyby said:

Minimal group search size for specified types.

Right I get that but what do you mean by search size? Is it the size of the results? It's kinda confusing, like what actually does the size parameter do?

1 minute ago, Enyby said:

Not "search size". "Group search size". Read help about group search.

Which help do you mean? The quick start guide on the main screen of GG app right? Cuz I already read that it doesn't really say what the group search size does

1 minute ago, Enyby said:

App help. Button on settings tab.

I have read that already, again it doesn't really say what the group search size does it just says how to use it. I want to know what exactly "group search size" does. Because I noticed that if the number is too low sometimes my searches aren't found and other times they are and I wanted to understand this behaviour. It's ok I don't want to bother you too much thanks for the help

exactly what it say...SIZE.

the higher the SIZE...then more likely you will ever find the values you seek.

it is use to widen/expand your search area/ radius within the address.

same as when you wanna buy something like your favourite t-shirt/shoes with cheapest price possible.

you may or may not find it by go to 1 or 2 shop only...but if you go to 10 or 20 shop...the chances are much higher.

Edited by zam535582

Double Float amd dword

All this types R 4 bytes in length means 

If there r two values  123 and 124. If 124 is next to it then 124 is 4 bytes away From 123.

If u understand this then u should get ur answer.

512 is a group size or 512 bytes length!

40D;3F;3F:512

In 512 bytes length if 40 Dword value 3 Float value and 3 Float value exist then it will show u Result of this 3 values.

Use of it example

To Find any unique group search or code