Monster Hunter Stories (Android)

AeonSoulstar

Question

I have started a project to data-mine Monster Hunter Stories. All help to the project would be appreciated.

• Need to test and Index the correct codes for Weapons, Armors, Monsters... (Most Items already Indexed)
  • Locate end of Weapon Memory Range (Already Located the Start)
  • Locate the end of Armor Memory Range (Already Located the Start)
  • Find the Egg Memory Region
  • Find the Egg Parts Memory Region
  • Learn how to Build Lua... (O_O)?
  • Learn how to use the Pointer Scan

984326344_Preview2.thumb.png.f1ae36e47c54010d2f734d53d7dfbd70.png           Preview.thumb.png.20d181ca9745e274722ceee8dfd1fdce.png

Used Game Guardian to Memory Exported to " .txt" file, Format to Excel cells distribution using NotePad++, by replacing " | " with Tab spaces. This process must be reverted to inject the edited memory back into the game using Game Guardian.

If anyone knows any better tool or method, you are welcome to share the info.

Monster Hunger Stories Memory Index.xlsx

11 answers to this question

On 4/30/2020 at 7:03 AM, AeonSoulstar said:

I have started a project to data-mine Monster Hunter Stories. All help to the project would be appreciated.

• Need to test and Index the correct codes for Weapons, Armors, Monsters... (Most Items already Indexed)

984326344_Preview2.thumb.png.f1ae36e47c54010d2f734d53d7dfbd70.png           Preview.thumb.png.20d181ca9745e274722ceee8dfd1fdce.png

Used Game Guardian to Memory Exported to " .txt" file, Format to Excel cells distribution using NotePad++, by replacing " | " with Tab spaces. This process must be reverted to inject the edited memory back into the game using Game Guardian.

Monster Hunger Stories Memory Index.xlsx 2.16 MB · 1 download

Update: Finally

• Got all Weapons Indexed with their codes.
  • Got all Armor indexed with their codes
  • Got All items, but index code sequence incomplete match with codes
  • New Sheet Designed for easy address auto update with only input the new Address of Herbs (Find Herbs address to update offsets)

Previews of the Excel sheets 

Weapon.png Info.png 

Item.png Armor.png

Notes for steps are inside the Excel File...

(v1.6) Monster Hunter Stories Memory Index.xlsx

Edited by AeonSoulstar
appearance

On 4/30/2020 at 7:03 PM, AeonSoulstar said:

Monster Hunger Stories Memory Index.xlsx 2.16 MB · 1 download

I couldn't understand the steps, could you help me on it? Sorry

On 5/15/2020 at 5:13 AM, EslamSAK said:

So in what version of GG dose this work?

I can't load it into my game  here is the .txt file made with you methodIMG_20200515_140942.thumb.jpg.de5e964e5cabf98f4f2cd4258539456a.jpg

The errorScreenshot_2020-05-15-14-10-42-749_jp_co.capcom.mhsspen.thumb.png.6932fddaae18ace78140d270c90defa8.png

And the other one is made by GGIMG_20200515_141014.thumb.jpg.74ed516b17a7e9521b5f9311487f6916.jpg

File format in the first picture is correct. The issue i see is not on your end. I forgot to mention one important thing. The Address you used as the base was the Item Quantity Address, what you need is the Item Type Address.

You only have to click on the "Go To" and get the address right on top of the one you get when you search for quantity. Item Type Address will be something like this:

?????1F8

image.thumb.png.4cc7c9693f49a3b65699c534f7822f8e.png

I have attached a small guide in word format, to explain with more details.

image.png

image.png

(v1.6) Monster Hunter Stories Memory Index.xlsx MHS Hack Guide.docx

how did you get the memory of this game, can anyone tell me how to do this?

in my previous game of MHS i didn't do it like this i just modify the item, weapon etc. even a teleport to other place to make my quest to be quick is much easier for me -_- maybe if i can do this i can do what ever i want to the game.