GG? Are pointers useful like they were on CE?

Roland21

Question

Okay, so I was using Cheat Engine for a very long time and I thought I would step my game up and try to mod my games on phone for a change so I had to get GG. There's a game I play that runs on both PC and mobile phone and I was able to hack and do what I needed the most, the only issue is that the offsets will keep changing. I know what pointers are and I've been using them with Cheat Engine and they work flawlessly, however, what I don't know is how to make use of pointers in GG. Whenever I scan for pointers, I get wrong ones and even if they were the right ones, I still can't edit the value stored at the address pointed by the pointer so how useful is this in GG? All I want is to make my mod a code where I can just freeze a value and it works without having to find my addresses again and again. Thanks in advance. 

• Administrators

Pointers not useless. And they not different at all. But your experience at pointers not about pointers at all. It is about usage CE, which not memory editor only (like GG). It is debugger, like gdb.

Also you use it in Windows. Windows do not have ASLR in general. It implemented only in latest Windows. An Android ASLR exists much longer. So you need more actions to make pointers useful.

Another pitfall is ARM itself. RISC architecture where offset usually embedded in code instructions. You can not store 32-bit operand in 32-bit code instruction and so on.

Pointers really hard for use for Android. And you need gdb if you want use some stuff like breakpoints.

Also in Windows, games which you hack do not contain any defense against hack. Because they sold as bundle. Not as free-to-play.

For example you can try hack with CE something defensed with Denuvo. You can not, because it is protection of advanced level.

In Android most good games with good enough protection form average user.

So near every game now contains some anti-debugging technics which prevent simple use gdb.

As I say you can try use ceserver + CE for find it is true or not. If it it is GG is bad, then ceserver give you all possibility which you have in CE for Windows apps.

[added 4 minutes later]

And Windows is good place where you have unlimited access to everything, powerful CPU and video, lot of RAM and so on.

In Android sometimes you do not have root, or root limited in actions, CPU not powerful at all, video is weak, RAM is not always enough for your game only (do not speak about GG + game) and so on.

All things from embedded devices.

Some approaches from Windows you simply can not use here.

That explains it in a way, thanks for the post. Now that this won't work, I'm gonna have to use different ways to get my mods on GG. I was wondering if it was possible to make a script where it runs two AoB scans (hex) and replaces them as soon as when the script is ran, and if there was, can you get me started? Thanks in advance. 

All I did was copy the example script and then replace it with the AoBs I wanted. Also it's a lot easier to assume things straight away or jump into conclusions when you're reading or watching a terrible tutorial that doesn't go through what's important and what's not. 

What I wanted is to make it so that I can easily scan for AoB and replace them with a script. There's a feature already for writing a script really easily which is Record Script. I use that now, and you can add as many AoBs as you would want and it works just fine. Does the job for me. Still not as convenient but I guess that's about as far as it can get. 

Okay so I have another question. Would it be possible to make a script where it scans for a small AoB like 40 9E 31 00 and then have it replaced with an AoB that isn't necessarily the same in length? An example would be me making a script to find the above value and then writing something like 43 00 98 12 00 EC 00 80 99 03 32 at the start of it since the next values always change.