How to open Lua Script Launcher

AliceAlmony

Question

Hello everyone I've read the guides and about 3 hours in and am not finding a lead.
My issue is that I've downloaded BadCase's script launcher for DayRSurvival.
So I have the script on my desktop trying to get it to work with Bluestacks / GameGaurdian and am completely lost, even downloaded it with Bluestacks and it wont show in my folders anywhere trying to execute with GG. What in the world am I doing wrong? Can you please suggest a tutorial somewhere? Thank you and Glad to support 🙂

5 hours ago, Enyby said:

Edit:....oohhhhhh I may have just figured it out 😉 yeesh I was using desktop my apologies

Hello, Thank you for your reply
I'm having issues
I created a folder in GG by clicking the
"execute script"
button and opening /Storage/Emulated/0
And creating a folder there.

Then opening file explorer and my file manager and typing in the folder name comes up with nothing
Working with bluestacks on PC windows 10
Using Windows 10 file explorer
 DirectoryOpus File manager 

To be fair I really dont understand the second part of the post.

Edited by AliceAlmony

hmm, Well...
In bluestacks media manager I can see the script in "imported files" and see the GGcreated folder in the "explore" under SD But cannot find a way to move the script to the folder.

I downloaded two file manager apps to bluestacks and both can see the script but do not display the folder created in GG.  I have created multiple folders to see if they would pop up anywhere but no luck.  though all pop up in media manager...which I can't figure out how to move the script in. 

These folders were created in GG on the SD path but dont show up in the SD folders in two file manger apps but do show in the SD of Bluestacks media manager.

Also created folders arent showing up in GG, I guess because they are empty?

Edited by AliceAlmony

• Administrators

Use specific name and folder search by name.

Windows folders do not connected with emulators.

You need work inside emulator, not in windows.

If you use parallel space - folder will be different path in system file manager and in GG.

I am very greatful for your consistant help, I am very much new to this, seems the MANY hours of reading my nose is in the wrong books.

I've installed the following apps
File Manager
File Manager +
Astro File Manager
File Explorer

They all show the Script in the downloads/recent etc And none of them show the always specified GG created folder "BadCase" as the SD section shows empty.
Though the GG created folder in fact is show in bluestacks media manager in the sdcard folder. and the script in "imported files"

I created the folder from the beginning with a specified name and recreated the folder with different names a few times as well and all the recreations also show in Bluestacks media manager but on none of the file manager apps.
I wish I could drag the script right into the GG created folder with bluestacks media manager as that is the only program showing both of them

Can you recommend a file manager app I can do this with? 
When you say "folder search"  sounds like desktop windows File Explorer though these apps don't have that kind of functionality at all... very much...very basic.....very mobile apps.

I'm not using parallel space and have no clue what it is reading up on it now 🙂

Edited by AliceAlmony

I gave up on File managers and downloaded
" X-Plore "
file explorer
It indeed was more in depth.  I was able to search the name of my GG created folders though for some reason it says it found it in /mnt/runtime/default/emulated/0/
which isnt where I saved it through GG  
I then opened GG and followed the path and it didnt load any folders.
Photos show some of the GG folder I created and moved around trying to see if they pop up in GG
such as scripty / scriptscriptscript / BadCaseScript / BadCaseScr

I can move the script to those different folders and nothing.. I can then move those folders to different locations and still nothing shows up in GG.  it's 2am i've been at this since 6pm and on and off before that.  idk what to do 😞

1111111111111111111111.thumb.png.ec829714585ca9560cc24e96fb3f9f27.png1121212121.thumb.png.37fc2300e6e878e3fba9a0ceec2ab279.png 

• Administrators

I do not know what is going on there.

1. Create a folder with a unique name in GG. Remember where you created it so you can return to it in the GG interface.
  2. Find this folder in the file manager.
  3. Do not move it anywhere. Just copy the script into it.
  4. In GG, open this folder by the path that was originally there. It may not coincide with the path that you saw in the explorer.
  5. Do not try to use the path from the explorer.
  6. There should be a copied script file. Run it.

Only variables i'm seeing is either the script is corrupted in some way or the app isn't "really" moving the file.
Can you recommend a file explorer you use for this?

The empty GG created files do not show when searching in GG - i'm guessing because they are empty?
In all attempts I followed the GG path first when trying to execute the script and then the File Manger's path and both did not show any of the many empty folders I created nor any created folders with a script in it.

I will Uninstall bluestacks - GG EVERYTHING and start from scratch.

Everything is rooted etc I really dont know what's going on either.  

Also I'm pressing the "play button" on the far right in "Search" bar for GG.  That is the correct method for creating/locating/executing scripts correct?

Like I said I have no previous background with GG or scripting etc Other than the many hours of attempting to find info relating, just in case there is some "obvious common sense" I should be using, I am only going by your words alone.  I searched the entire history of video tutorials and written tutorials on GG and haven't found anything on the subject.  Do you know of a video/written tutorial that explains this process step by step?   there has to be for new users but I'm not finding anything on youtube either.

I will begin the fresh install and restart to discount any download variables.

• Administrators

You somehow decide what is going on.

Either you cannot find / run the file.
Either you start the file but there is an error.

These are completely different things.

Record a video. If you yourself do not know what is going on there.

X-plore is a completely normal file manager.

The execute script button, yes this is the correct script launch point.

[added 2 minutes later]

Here example on old GG version:

Ready-made Lua scripts for various games - GameGuardian (#9zffyrfw)

This is a step by step process, Please let me know where I am making an error. 🙂

Installed Bluestacks 4
Ran/loaded/Signed in to Google play
Closed Bluestacks 4

Installed Bluestacks Tweaker -  BSTweaker: 5.15.2
Ran and Rooted Bluestacks with "super user"

Opened BlueStacks4

Downloaded "RootChecker" Verified root

Downloaded / Installed:
"GameGuardian.87.2._for_Nox_Bluestacks.apk"

Downloaded game "Day R Survival"

Downloaded "X-Plore File manager"
Granted App Super
Closed

Opened "Game-1" 
Ganted GG Super
did it's own re-installation is now named "Game-3"

Returned to desktop to drag the "BadCaseScriptLauncher.lua" into Bluestacks....but for some reason instead of a drop marker it was a  Cancel Cross and wouldn't allow me to drop....weird...didnt have that issue last time....

Manually Imported the Script through media manager
Alrighty its now in "Imported files"

Opened X-plorer and searched all of root for  "BadCaseSriptLauncher.lua"
IT DIDNT FIND IT!? WHAT!?!?! >_< this wasnt an issue last time...

Trashed the Script in "imported files"

Opened Bluestacks Browser and searched
https://badcase.org/downloads/day-r-survival-2/
Downloaded the script launcher:  "BadCaseSriptLauncher.lua" Into Bluestacks

Opened Bluestacks media Manager and indeed the script is now in the Sdcard "downloads folder"

Opened X-plorer and searched entire Root for  "BadCaseSriptLauncher.lua"
WOW STILL DIDNT FIND!?....Turned on "show hidden files". Still no luck.. Could This be connected to no longer being able to drag from desktop straight to Bluestacks after reinstalling?  I was able to before and the script showed no problem.  

Closed/Restarted Bluestacks...
Nothing new

Downloaded OBS for the GG folder creation etc.  But now I have this stupid problem 😞
Going to shut down 
I'll see about putting script into the Shared Folder on windows... and continue this 5 day tinker.

EDIT: for some magical reason I can now drag the script from desktop to bluestacks, Lets see if that shows in "X-plore" like it did last time.
No...it did nothing and still can't find it in search.  
If you see that picture in my last message the script is right under ".bstshutdown_sync" but for some ungodly reason isnt this time around.  I installed everything the exact same way 😞

I really really dont mean to be difficult and am very greatful for any responses you seem fit.  I expected to just scribe the steps then attach a video.  halfway expected for it to for some reason work this time and be amazed as to having no clue why it's suddenly working and you'd get the video for that.. I guess that's called hope..

but instead now a new problem before the old problem.  I am very sorry for this.

Edited by AliceAlmony

I'm worried I've already been an ignorant burden as is and now this, I can only hope you dont give up on me.  This is incredibly stressful on my end i've put in easily 15 hours and I am really trying to get this to work.  💔 

• Administrators

I am not bluestacks support.
I do not think this emulator is good.
Instead of a launcher, they integrated Chrome on the first tab to display ads.
And the behavior of the emulator with tabs is very buggy.
The developers tried to remove adb and transfer it to the wrong port.
In general, this is a problematic emulator and it is not clear why you want to use it.

And if you have a problem uploading a file to it, this does not mean that you will solve it and it will become easier further.

Use the file manager from BStweaker.
Create a folder in GG, and then, through the Bstweaker file manager, place the script file there.

echh... The script wouldnt show in X-plore because The "show files" seemingly only opens when opening X-plore through the file in media manager.
Heres the video.  Can't wait to facepalm myself.

Also I have tried creating folder in ALOT of the GG selection not just storage/emulated/0
Though if there is a specific path I should do this with... well have at me x]  

To keep from paying $50 in game currency to to replace what I lost when my save file got bugged... I've spent 20 hours trying to script my way there.  I do really appreciate your time.

• Administrators

You do not created folder in gg. Obviously you not allow GG access to sdcard.

Navigate to app permission and allow it.

You must navigate to path where you able create folder and create it. It must appear in list after creation.