Reverse of memory dump.

Daisy123

Question

Hello everyone. I knew that gg have dumpmemory feature which can copy content of a memory region to a binary file. I wonder if there are any way for copy a binary file to a region of memory. Is is possible to write a lua script with can do this? Thank you very much.

b44a40b7f92840500ec5e0b782cd8232.png

11 minutes ago, Enyby said:

Usually dumped data divided to 4096 because dumped by memory pages which 4096 bytes size.

data:byte() is shortcut for string.byte. Obviously string.long not exists. Read lua reference about string.byte.

you need build qword or dword yourself from bytes. Maybe it be slower rather than byte - IDK. you need test it if speed of byte solution not suit you.

Thank you very much. I think this speed is enough for me. I know more about lua script and GG because of your help. I hope this script will useful with other people.

[added 1 minute later]

reverse_dump.lua

9 hours ago, Enyby said:

Usually dumped data divided to 4096 because dumped by memory pages which 4096 bytes size.

data:byte() is shortcut for string.byte. Obviously string.long not exists. Read lua reference about string.byte.

you need build qword or dword yourself from bytes. Maybe it be slower rather than byte - IDK. you need test it if speed of byte solution not suit you.

ENYBY i read from here ...  in a unity game there were a special memory range (which wont change) allocated for Assembly-CSharp.dll. , my question is gamegfuardian can read this by atach the process?