Mario Kart tour

MythosOf

8 minutes ago, Totally_Not_A_Hacker said:

My "test" account was just banned, likely due to the infinite coins. In case it matters, I started the Tokyo Tour too late for ranked cup, so it unlocked for the Halloween Tour on that account. I didn't actually compete in the physical ranked cup, but I think that the act of unlocking ranked cup in general is what makes your account more susceptible to audit and eventual ban. I think the main theme here is to hack intelligently and not make ridiculous and unlikely hacks. Make the hacks seem natural. That, or slap a gold pass purchase on your hack account. I think Nintendo will have a harder time banning a paying customer lol.

I say immediately I was banned on 2 accounts with hack coins (130k), points tickets (80), level tickets (80), star tickets (110), gold passes on both paid.

Edited by Pegasus95

Do we have confirmation that its the hack itself or the fact that the majority of us did it with a random XOR leading to an abnormally high coins count? Maybe if we were to only add around like 60k-70k, just to be able to unlock stuff instead of ending up with so many digits it cant show past 9'999'999 😛

• Moderators

Do the math...

You can't buy unlimited tickets. Assume the shop has 9 all slots that are tickets. You earn only so many from rewards/purchases...  It's impossible to exceed a certain amount. And I imagine that value is relatively low too. Keep that in mind. Then divide it out for every kart/driver/glider and rarity....

6 minutes ago, NoFear said:

Do the math...

You can't buy unlimited tickets. Assume the shop has 9 all slots that are tickets. You earn only so many from rewards/purchases...  It's impossible to exceed a certain amount. And I imagine that value is relatively low too. Keep that in mind. Then divide it out for every kart/driver/glider and rarity....

In fact yes, the game provides us with a smaller amount of tickets.  The best thing to do is surely the one you are doing, unlocking all the content.

How do you unlock a character?

52 minutes ago, GlowSeeker said:

Do we have confirmation that its the hack itself or the fact that the majority of us did it with a random XOR leading to an abnormally high coins count? Maybe if we were to only add around like 60k-70k, just to be able to unlock stuff instead of ending up with so many digits it cant show past 9'999'999 😛

Yeah, that's all well and good, except it seems that coins can no longer be hacked at all. Must have been patched in a recent update to perhaps now be server-sided. I tried only hacking for about 1 mil coins (still might have been too many, since Pegasus mentions getting banned with only 130k coins above) but the same method that I used before (that worked) is no longer working. Basically, we need someone to try making small insignifiant hacks only and see if Nintendo can trace that kind of activity in any way. Then we'll know if editing assets is even worthwhile or if we'll have to find a completely different method altogether (i.e. cracked apk).

Edited by Totally_Not_A_Hacker

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Totally_Not_A_Hacker said:

Yeah, that's all well and good, except it seems that coins can no longer be hacked at all. Must have been patched in a recent update to perhaps now be server-sided. I tried only hacking for about 1 mil coins (still might have been too many, since Pegasus mentions getting banned with only 130k coins above) but the same method that I used before (that worked) is no longer working. Basically, we need someone to try making small insignifiant hacks only and see if Nintendo can trace that kind of activity in any way. Then we'll know if editing assets is even worthwhile or if we'll have to find a completely different method altogether (i.e. cracked apk).

Modded apk is no different. I use offsets to edit. Many things have hard limits. Coin race has hard max limit. Regular races have a daily max. They don't need to check you total balance. Add 6,000 at once, you've exceeded many hard limits in the game.

1 ora fa, NoFear ha detto:

L'apk modificato non è diverso. Uso gli offset per modificare. Molte cose hanno limiti duri. La corsa alla moneta ha un limite massimo duro. Le gare regolari hanno un massimo giornaliero. Non hanno bisogno di controllarti il saldo totale. Aggiungi 6.000 in una volta, hai superato molti limiti rigidi nel gioco.

Sembra che tu abbia già calcolato tutti i limiti degli articoli. In tal caso, è possibile elencare i limiti di questi:

coins

punti biglietti

biglietti per livello comune, rari, molto rari

biglietti stellari

biglietti d'oro

biglietti veloci

Edited by Pegasus95

1 hour ago, NoFear said:

Modded apk is no different. I use offsets to edit. Many things have hard limits. Coin race has hard max limit. Regular races have a daily max. They don't need to check you total balance. Add 6,000 at once, you've exceeded many hard limits in the game.

Right. That's why I said hacking needs to look "natural" to be untraceable. So basically, not exceeding those "hard limits" you're talking about. At that point, though, hacking just becomes tedious and borderline ineffective. None of this is a problem at all with asset-unlock only, though. In regard to a "cracked apk," I was referring to something along the likes of what you're developing right now. Not sure if it's exactly apk format or not, but that's not really important.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Totally_Not_A_Hacker said:

Right. That's why I said hacking needs to look "natural" to be untraceable. So basically, not exceeding those "hard limits" you're talking about. At that point, though, hacking just becomes tedious and borderline ineffective. None of this is a problem at all with asset-unlock only, though. In regard to a "cracked apk," I was referring to something along the likes of what you're developing right now. Not sure if it's exactly apk format or not, but that's not really important.

Basically... Cheating to gain "advantage" might not be possible, or as you said tedious. Cheating to unlock content...  Gives you such a small advantage, but, always having the kart/driver/glider that is best for course can help.

3 hours ago, NoFear said:

Basically... Cheating to gain "advantage" might not be possible, or as you said tedious. Cheating to unlock content...  Gives you such a small advantage, but, always having the kart/driver/glider that is best for course can help.

Right on. I agree with you. To most people, myself included, that would be more than enough. Pay 2 win is pretty lame.

9 hours ago, khojho said:

Yes, unlock all character, kart and glider is enough for me.

So I can use the best character for each map.

And to prepare online multiplayer in future.

Hope the modded apk release soon

The modded apk would be useless, because it wouldn't use the actual (real) firebase database.