Can't install Game Guardian on Bluestacks

NukiDuki

Question

hello

I can't seem to install GG 86.3 on Bluestacks version 4.130..1.1001. The error message is just "Apk installation failed: INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK"

Tried changing file name. Tried installing the nox version. Still doesn't work.

Did they patch it so you can no longer install it? I don't know.

error.png

12 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Enyby said:

How to install on the BlueStacks emulator - GameGuardian (#6wsuebrj)

If you do exact same steps but without success - record video with issue and upload here.

86.3 was working fine on BS before I tried to update to 86.4 but I couldn't due to error above and then I couldn't downgrade either so now not even older versions work on BS anymore. 
GG for Nox you linked works on BS, but will this only be temporary fix?

9 hours ago, Enyby said:

No. it is permanent solution. Now you always need download and use version for Nox for BS.

Do you know why even older BS versions are now blocking GG? I downgraded as far as to BS 3 and tried much older GG version, blocked BS in firewall just in case to prevent update too but still nothing worked.
Older versions of BS worked fine with GG just a day ago but now none of them does, it's like it's global patch somehow?

• Administrators

Because all of them use single blacklist

http://cdn3.bluestacks.com/public/appsettings/.config.db

And reload it from server.

So after they add to blacklist GG, it is blocked even in old BS.

If you have already installed GG in BS with random name, then BS not detect it.

BS only can blacklist initial installer of GG.

Nox runs like crap on my machine, huge lags, freezing, app crashing, even while just using browser and plus colors look washed out and just generally random graphical glitches both on DirectX and OpenGL.
I have high end PC so that's shouldn't be an issue. I would still recommend BS over any other emulator, times have changed, BS is currently least bloat and runs faster, only GG scanning is slower but that depends on game size of data too.

This game is 1.5 gb currently with over 230k of data assets so using any emulator on it is nightmare. 
All I'm saying is don't switch to Nox over just faster GG searches when everything else worse, cryptominers and blocking of certain IP range to prevent Nox from connecting to some shady Chinese domains.

Screenshot_13.png