[Suggestions] Name search Function

sp4wnrk

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Name search

To be frank with you, I really don't know how to implement that function. There are several reasons that I am less interested in investigating it. 1) To protect game source code, some companies would use

obfuscator, such as ProGuard, to rename every function and variable. You can not find a meaningful symbol name in such games. 2) The symbol information only exists in Java layer, many games would use C/C++ to optimize the performance. You have no chance to get the symbol name in C/C++ world. 3) To guess the symbol name is very very tricky, I wonder what is the success rate.

• 10 months later...

sp4wnrk: +1

Reaperex: soon? You have posted this in May and now it's March 2013 - and - still nothing.

I would appreciate this function, because only GameCIH allows it but I think GameGuardian is much better than GameCIH and I just want to uninstall this stupid GameCIH and have only Gameguardian :)) .))

• Administrators

sp4wnrk: +1

Reaperex: soon? You have posted this in May and now it's March 2013 - and - still nothing.

I would appreciate this function, because only GameCIH allows it but I think GameGuardian is much better than GameCIH and I just want to uninstall this stupid GameCIH and have only Gameguardian :)) .))

I know now, most game makers encrypt their values, and so it doesn't have a name such as 'gold'.

But there are games which require "name search" function to hack them... Nearly all OLDER versions of games can be hacked using name search.

For example when you need to search for string "ITEMDATABASE_nRecordSize" < it's a typical variable. This one has constant number = 17, so it's not possible to find it via GameGuardian (too many variables found). When this number is changed, it opens new opportunities to many RPGs (newly combined items, etc...). It can be found only with name search.

GameGuardian 4 life

Hello there! Here is my suggestion: the possibilty to look for a value that increased or decreased by N. It would be really helpful. I am stucking finding the correct value for one **** game.

PS:

Why sometimes it's said it has find like "12 found" while I could see only 3 or 4 values. Why it hides some values then (maybe the one I am looking for)?.

• Administrators

Hello there! Here is my suggestion: the possibilty to look for a value that increased or decreased by N. It would be really helpful. I am stucking finding the correct value for one **** game.

PS:

Why sometimes it's said it has find like "12 found" while I could see only 3 or 4 values. Why it hides some values then (maybe the one I am looking for)?.

Hello,

That is curious. I haven't ever heard of  GG doing that. Are you on the latest version?

yeah I am in the last version. I will try to make a pic of it or rather who can try it yourself to find the diamont address for this game "escape the ape". I know there is a mod version for this game but still they added too much diamont and you can't show it to your friends that you beated their records. I wonder how the guy who made the mod manage to find the coorect address. This game is a pain in a**

PS:

I get this error from time to time too... When this error occurs and I try to scroll down, transparent background becomes black and it lags a bit... all you need to do is restart game / app, which you want to hack. I think that it depends on ROM, because this error appeared just after i flashed CM9...

It's a pity that in my CM9 gameCIH still doesn't work... I still cannot use name search to hack Inotia 3 grrr :D

Never mind I found an alternative solution to my problem, thank to the first state and second state I was able to find it and now I beat my Boss new record in no time :)

For people who want to know how I manage is that I try to find the cocktail ( give you high jump whenever you like) value by doing this step:

1. Start new game and before you trace the line ( you did not take any banana yet) do a fuzzy search, than press on capture.
  2. Now take some bananas and do fuzzy then inequal, take 1 or more bananas then again inequal
  3. Start new game ( all cocktail gone), then press equal on second state
  4. Repeat step 2 and 3 until you got less than 100 
  5. Now play until your cocktail bar is full then search for 16
  6. If you have one or 2 (better) results, you are lucky if more, repeat 3 then 5

once you have your result, well same it , give it 16 as value and look it. That's it.

Again this is for the game Escape the Ape

PS :

I also made a video of it if anyone need it. just tell me where to upload it :)

I get this error from time to time too... When this error occurs and I try to scroll down, transparent background becomes black and it lags a bit... all you need to do is restart game / app, which you want to hack. I think that it depends on ROM, because this error appeared just after i flashed CM9...

It's a pity that in my CM9 gameCIH still doesn't work... I still cannot use name search to hack Inotia 3 grrr :D

Yes I am using CM10 maybe that is why.

Also gameCIH work for me but it's detected by most game especially game made by COM2US such as your game Inotia 3 or the game I am having trouble to get the diamont address (Escape the Ape also by Com2US). I just try the game you want to hack and it won't be easy to do it since the shop on the game is a sever side. Whithout internet, you can't access to it, so ... you may try to hack something else

• Administrators

Never mind I found an alternative solution to my problem, thank to the first state and second state I was able to find it and now I beat my Boss new record in no time :)

For people who want to know how I manage is that I try to find the cocktail ( give you high jump whenever you like) value by doing this step:

1. Start new game and before you trace the line ( you did not take any banana yet) do a fuzzy search, than press on capture.
  2. Now take some bananas and do fuzzy then inequal, take 1 or more bananas then again inequal
  3. Start new game ( all cocktail gone), then press equal on second state
  4. Repeat step 2 and 3 until you got less than 100 
  5. Now play until your cocktail bar is full then search for 16
  6. If you have one or 2 (better) results, you are lucky if more, repeat 3 then 5

once you have your result, well same it , give it 16 as value and look it. That's it.

Again this is for the game Escape the Ape

PS :

I also made a video of it if anyone need it. just tell me where to upload it :)

Feel free to upload it here: http://gameguardian.net/forum/gallery/category/2-video-tutorials/